1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL to OEM NAV Expierience and questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by prentp, Feb 24, 2011.

1. prentp

prentp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just wanted to post how things are going with this changeout so far and also ask a couple of questions. Like what previous posts have stated there are some wiring differences between the two units.

Without changing or adding anything at this point I have a nice touch screen stereo with AM,FM,CD,Bluetooth, and Aux options. Note that the XM receiver is external with the NAV unit and not integrated like the stock JBL stereo so XM is lost, not a big deal.

This weekend I will start doing the following.

1. Splice connector L37 into the microphone which is currently on connector L45. Is L45 even needed for the NAV unit?

2. Install GPS antenna. Probably install it under the speaker grill, anyone have a tip on how to remove that grill.

3. Another GPS question has anyone used the XM antenna for the GPS.

4. Last question is for the L42 connector. Looking for where I may locate the SPD and the REV wire that I may splice into.

2. LovingLife

LovingLife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Prius (LHD) TNS350 Install Instructions
    or
    Prius_(LHD) TNS510 Install Instructions

The above documents shows how to disassemble the dash.
    Reverse wire is discussed on TNS510 document

Speed wire is pin 3 of the 20 pin connector. For JBL systems see

Aftermarket NAV install - Canadian Premium Package

Remember search is your friend