1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JDM Window tint, cup holders and fog lamp bulbs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Braddles.au, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Braddles.au

Braddles.au DEFAnitely using an EBH

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's so refreshing to be in an auto parts store and find specific parts for the Prius. I had to go to the Super Autobacs in Yokohama Minatomarai to find this magical place, but I was in the area.
    Among things in stock for the Prius 30/35 and α/V were the chassis braces, interior light and lens kits, and TRD and TOMS radiator caps. My haul was modest.
    IMG_0425.JPG The top item is window tint cut for the Prius 30 for ¥3980 (AUD 43). Covers all rear windows and even has options for rear windows without a wiper motor. A proper tint job would cost about AUD 300 so this is a cheap fix. プリウス専用フィルムスーパーブラックW30系カット済ハードコート|株式会社ミラリード

Anti-clockwise the next item is cup/phone holder that mounts to the vents for ¥3480. The box makes it clear that they fit both the 30 and the PHV 35, so that's a relief. NZ513 | DRINK HOLDER | Car Accessories | cup holder | Car Accessories | Products | Japanese car accessories manufacturer CARMATE

Yellow bulbs for fog lamps are legal in Australia but impossible to get, so surprisingly these were what I really wanted. A kosher set of PIAA H11 should do the trick. 2500K and 100W equivalent for only ¥4980. I need the fog lamps to light up the road, so the lovely LED weren't an option. http://www.piaa.co.jp/products/car/bulb/new_halogen/solaryellow.html

The cord holders and non-slip basket do just that. セイワ 製品詳細 マグネットコードホルダー Non Slip Basket - Japanese Auto accessories manufacturer - NAPOLEX

As for everything else, I'll order them from Rakuten when I get back home.

BTW, in Yokohama Minatomarai you'll find the Nissan Gallery, a display of Nissan cars and history, the Landmark Tower and Chinatown, among other attractions.

2. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Good luck with the precut tint. It might be cheaper, but it's often a real pain to install properly.

3. Braddles.au

Braddles.au DEFAnitely using an EBH

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To make matters interesting, the tailgate window tint is in two pieces: one piece for the top and the choice of two for the bottom to accommodate a window without wiper motor. Making the join invisible will be quite a task. For story and pix later.
    I'll use this as an experiment. The dogs are likely to scratch the hell out of the rear window in their excitement, so I'd rather that happen on a $50 tint.

On the general point, it was nice to see a huge range of Prius-specific goods in a bricks and mortar shop. I can order with more confidence online now. I often need JDM parts since Australia is RHD like Japan and some American parts won't fit.

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I gave up after my first shot with precut. NTL, good luck with the tint!