1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Jeremy Beadle" Windscreen Wipers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stokes, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Stokes

Stokes New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Prius was recently involved in an accident - I got it back a week ago and since it hasn't stopped raining since, I have used my wipers a lot! I noticed that the bottom right corner of my windscreen (or windshield for you in the US!) is not cleared by the wipers at all - I only just noticed that the wiper on the driver's side is about half the length of the other wiper.

At first I assumed the garage must have put them back on wrong side, so I swapped them over... Now the driver's side is much better, but the passenger side is so bad you can't see anything at all if it's raining!

What I need to know is - How long are your wipers? My smaller one is 15.5 inches (39.5 cm) I have a feeling that the garage have replaced it with a non-Toyota part which is completely the wrong size.

Cheers,

Adam.

2. Dozzer

Dozzer Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nope.. it's the right size...

I just measured mine on a 2008 model.. 26inches for the long one (drivers) and 15.5" for the passengers side.

3. Stokes

Stokes New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow - I'm astonished I didn't notice how much windscreen isn't cleared in that bottom right corner before the accident. It seems to be more apparent at night, and looks like it would easily be cured by lengthening the short wiper by 5cm or so...

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It could be possible that they used a non-Toyota part and it's just not performing to spec. I have had that kind of problem before with long windshields (windscreens for you blokes on the other side of the pond ;)) and long wiper blades.