1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JERRY SMITH??

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by KFERN, May 29, 2007.

1. KFERN

KFERN New Member

Jerry Smith who are you? You attended The Chicago prius group meeting
    at Grossinger Toyota And called corporate office to complain.
    Saying that a dealer should not support a group with views on hybrids
    such as Chicago Prius Group. Why dont you send me a message
    or Chicago Prius group with your complaining.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was just about to create a thread asking anyone in the Chicagoland area who has a subscription to the Sun-Times to check all their papers for the last week in search for this article/opinion/commentary.

I have to admit that I feel a little side-swiped from someone who I don't know in a paper I don't read referring to things I don't understand. Wayne and I - who are allegedly attacked in the article - feel that we should supply a rebuttal if only on our own website. But first, I want to know who's attacking me, why they are doing it, and what exactly they said.

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 29 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]451801[/snapback]</div>

Probably a disgruntled Republican exasperated by the Obama political sign on display

4. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That'll teach us to no longer combine the Chicago Prius Group meetings with the Illinois Democratic Party.

The sign-in sheets simply asked:
    Name
    Email
    Car model and year
    Which Democratic candidate will you be voting for
    Current mileage

Is that so wrong?

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL Tony.

Does anyone have a date on this? Is the author definitely "Jerry Smith?" I just searched Sun-Times archives via Lexus-Nexus and Access World News and didn't find anything other than the May 14th article on hypermiling which mentions Wayne and the Chicago Prius Group.

6. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's certainly post May 20th. I got an email from Wayne indicating that his local library has a week's worth of Sun-Times papers but he couldn't find it in there.
    This whole thing is very interesting. I'm starting to care less and less with each hour.

7. KFERN

KFERN New Member

TONY YOU ARE SO FUNNY HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF RUNNING??
    MAYBE GREEN PARTY?

8. n8kwx

n8kwx Member

Arlington Heights, IL - NW Chicago Suburb
    Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KFERN @ May 30 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]452354[/snapback]</div>
    I'm guessing that Tony might vote for Barack Obama... :unsure:

9. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KFERN @ May 29 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]451711[/snapback]</div>
    Oh my God! Someone actually complained about a fantastically informative meeting about hybrids?

Someone complained about two Prius fans sharing their valuable knowledge about hybrid technology & how it could help us as well as our country in the future?

And, weirdest of all, someone complained about Grossinger's (whose job it is to sell cars, among them hybrids) being generous enough to let us meet at their dealership? And prepare & serve us food which they provided? And let us talk with their technician for however long we wanted?

Kevin, please don't listen! What you did was a service to our community & to the world at large. TJ began the tradition when Danny picked up his first Prius & you've continued this tradition respectfully. All of us who attended (minus this one "anonymous" Jerry Smith - that kind of tells you something) truly enjoyed the info & the camaraderie.

Please post the address we should write to in order to counter this person's misguided rant.

10. KFERN

KFERN New Member

I have done moved on there will always be people out their
    who have opinions. I was upset only that this person went to
    Toyota corp. to complain. Complain about education???

11. SSmith

SSmith Junior Member

First I have to say that Jerry Smith is not an alias nor is he related to me...

I for one found the meeting to be very informative and I met a lot of people who were willing to give tips to a future Prius owner. I finally got it the Thursday after the meeting.

Thanks Tony, Kevin, Wayne and all others that assisted for organizing and running the meeting and introducing me to some other Prius owners. I look forward to future meetings.

12. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSmith @ Jun 5 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]456281[/snapback]</div>
    Ooh, this is going to be confusing. A SSmith and SSimon in PriusChat, both from the Chicago area.
    SSmith, you aren't into prairie restoration and sustainable agriculture, are you?

13. SSmith

SSmith Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Jun 6 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]457129[/snapback]</div>

No, you must be thinking of the other SSmith; I am into computers and high tech cars. :D

14. KFERN

KFERN New Member

I am ready for a Hybrid car show aug. or sept.
    Any Ideas? Maybe fundraiser? Since the last one
    was good. Donation to charity?