1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Joining the club...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by czk, May 21, 2008.

1. czk

czk Waiting...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi everyone,

My husband and I put our deposit down on a magnetic gray #2 the other night. We now have 4 weeks to sell my Acura and be free of it :) We're really excited. We'd talked about getting a hybrid for a long time and finally took the plunge. I was so happy to find this community where people love the Prius so much. I can't wait until ours gets here!

Happy driving!

2. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome!!! this is a great site to get a lot of great info about the Prius. I just bought mine a month ago and have become addicted to this site. It really is great. There are so many people here that have so much experience and knowledge, I feel like I don't even need to go to the dealer program in July. By that time, I will have had all my questions answered here...

Hope you can sell your Acura and still get a good price for it. The more you read the site before your car comes in, the more impatient you will probably get waiting for it to arrive :p

I did not happen to stumble upon this site until after I bought my Prius, so the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive was not an issue for me.

However, there are many here, that are waiting patiently for their Prius to come in so you are not alone in that respect.

Welcome and enjoy the site!!

3. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome,

I got my Prius over a year ago and am still addicted to this site. I have learned a lot from it. If your dealer meeting is anything like the two Toyota dealer meetings we have attended, you will learn more here that at the meeting. However it is fun to go hear what they have to say and have a nice dinner on them. Enjoy your car when it gets here.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, czk! The more you learn about your car, the more you'll love it. Before I got my Prius, a car was just a car. A Prius is most definitely not just a car. PriusChat if full of many knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly members. Welcome!

5. czk

czk Waiting...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Everyone is so nice here :) Thanks for the warm welcomes!

6. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We've had our Prius for two years now and love the car, but started looking for something a bit more luxurious (we have everything but leather and navi). We really like the Acura RDX, among others, but man... once you've owned a car that gets 50mpg, it's hard to seriously look at anything else.

In the last couple of weeks, I've bought new floor mats, added rear bumper protector, side mouldings.. I have an appointment for tinting on tuesday and we're seriously looking at upgrading interior to leather. For less than $1500, we can keep the great car (in a fantastic color I might add) and make it feel a WHOLE lot more luxurious. Now... anyone know of a way to add a sunroof?? lol

7. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome czk. Hope you get an early phone call from your dealership. Regards.

8. Aunty Den

Aunty Den New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am so glad that I found this forum. My husband & I just put a deposit down yesterday for a Seaside Pearl with option #3. :) We were told it could be 8-12 weeks but while we were at the dealership they learned that Toyota had approved them for a higher allotment in their future shipments so our wait time may be shorter. We'll be trading in our 2007 Camry for the new Prius. We rented a Prius last weekend and was prepared not to like it but was very pleasantly surprised by the comfort & handling (not to mentioned the mpg). We're like kids waiting for Santa Claus to come. :D

9. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Im glad to hear that you both are getting a great vehicle. Hope that you both are with your Prii soon. Welcome to PriusChat!