1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Joining The Prius Nation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robotribe, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Robotribe

Robotribe New Member

Howdy, folks.

My wife and I, like many others Left coasters, are joining the ranks of the greater green and less-gas-consuming as we take delivery (literal dealer-to-driveway delivery) of our 2006 black-is-the-new-black package #3 Prius. We got a great deal (if MSRP is considered "great") and snuck into it via one of my wife's friends who has connections in the internet dealer network circle.

Our transportation stable will now consist of 1 Prius, 10 bicycles, 1 Vespa scooter, 1 2000 Honda CRV for rainy days (no scooter riding) and 1 less very sexy and babied Audi TT (still holding back the tears about that one…). I think it's a worthy addition and am very excited. I'm sure that CRV is going to collect dust very fast.

Lastly, I did see the post about the 'Prius Pick-up Checklist' but noticed it was last updated in 2004. Have there been any significant changes since '04 that I need to pay attention to when taking possesion or our 2006?

Thanks ahead of time and nice to meet you all.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome and congratulations! :D Believe me, any doubts you may have about giving up the Audi for the Prius will be erased as you drive the Prius off the dealer's lot.

I don't think the checklist has changed since 2004, the only real noticable differences (that I can think of off the top of my head) between the 2004/2005 and 2006 Priuses are the reverse camera, higher resolution mfd screen, added a chrome grill on the front, and some hybrid badging added on the sides of the car. Other than that, they're pretty much the same inside & out, to the best of my knowledge.

3. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

The checklist may have gone by the wayside as the dealers now have more experience with setting up the car.

Enjoy the ride, :)

4. Robotribe

Robotribe New Member

Thanks, both of you. I just watched my beloved Audi being driven away a little over an hour ago.

Very "emotional", but the logic that lead to buying the Prius doesn't change.
    Well, my concern is based more upon the fact the dealer is driving the car off the lot and delivering it to our house. In fact, the salesperson is having a non-sales employee do the delivery and transaction, and, she mentioned over the phone that the driver woudln't be knowledgable enough to walk us through the car. She did, however, ask that we call her and that she would walk us through it all over the phone while we sat in the car.

SO, I'd like to at least use the information on the checklist as best I can without having an actual salesperson present. That said, I have looked at one in detail (with test drive) at another dealer so I'm not exactly going into this blind, but I figured you guys were the experts.