1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jonesing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigdaddy, Jun 29, 2005.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Alright. 12 days ago I locked in my future Prius for a 7/7 delivery. Over a week to go.

Everything is all set: garage cleaned, best Zaino kit by my side, financing complete, extended warranty researched, driven Prius simulator, maintenance manual / wiring diagrams secured, member of Priuschat and PriusOnline and 2 yahoo groups, jeep sold, googling prius photos, entered all prius sweepstakes, tried to ban the ]you[ tag, and the list goes on. I've got no life anymore except for the Prius. My young children walked in on me one day when I was drooling over a Prius brochure and cried "big daddy, what about us!"

I think I need some sort of 12-step program, or need some sort of diversion. Any advice on how to make it through the next week? I'm about to sneak out tonight and start breaking into any hybrid I see on the street if I don't get some help....

2. chappyfade

chappyfade New Member

Let me join your group for group therapy.

I pick up my Prius in 6 days. (7/5) I've got my plane ticket (I live in MO, flying to MI to get the car.) Have secured the financing, signed the papers, got my Missouri plates already, and paid the sales tax. I'm going to the War of the World movie tonight to take my mind off things, and see the Prius that's in the movie.

Chap

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Hang in there guys, went through it in Texas for 8 weeks, and now the dealer is loaded up with them, finally got one, and 2 days later the one I really preferred came in, but I still love my original one and am glad I hung in there. You won't be sorry..go to the movies..!!:))

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Just keep reminding yourself - “IT’S WORTH WAITING FOR.â€
    If it weren’t, people wouldn’t wait.

I waited 203 days . . . but who’s counting?
    I made up for the wait by volunteering for any doofy errand my wife could come up with.
    Nine months later, I'm still the errand boy with a smile on his face. :D

5. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

ChappyFade and BigDaddy: Hang in there you guys are great and will be an asset here. Just got mine about 3 wks ago after 2 month wait...Love the car, you won't regret it...

Hang in there and congradulations now and when you get it, let us know how it goes

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Thanks, I feel better now that the long weekend is here, but I am still jonesing for a litle fix.

I'm almost to the point of going to a local dealer and see if there is any chance of getting a test drive, maybe just touch one, but all of the ones locally are white or silver. Anyone in Atlanta with a seaside pearl want to swing by the northside and let me covet your car?

7. chappyfade

chappyfade New Member

Only 4 more days.

Chap

8. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've gotten no firm delivery date yet, but I've been told that I'm next!

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I had a quick fix today.

Took the kids to see "Kicking and Screaming" at the $1 cinema. Lo and behold, Will Farrell is driving a Seaside Pearl Prius in the movie, 3 scenes total with the car being shown.

Ahhhhhh, was like freebasing a Prius.... (not that I would know what freebasing is, mind you)

This might be enough to get me through a couple more days....

10. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

That sea side pearl is pretty, I got (no choices for me) a silver with gray inside. Yours likely will have tan insides, be careful with the kids and staining, and get the seats covered, at least the driver seat. I would watch the kids and the drinks, especially the cokes and the likes, you don;t want spills. But that is life and kids, anyway the car is great, the AC may take a while to cool the back off, but once cooling it is fine. Congradulation in advance, don't let the kiddies play with the buttons until you know how to run things.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Thanks. I've been obsessing about the exact delivery scene, what buttons I need to press (bluetooth sync, entering home address in MFD, oil checking, etc.)

12. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

You'll have some exploring, mine does not have the Nav and Bluetooth. I got the Homelink mirror and still can't get it to work. This is where the forum and the chat here will be of help to you. In most cases if you're not using a way out (weird brand) phone, the bluetooth and phone hook up is fantastic. Also in the NAV., you'll need to look up the mods to eliminate the Toyota screen and enable use while driving by the passenger., otherwise I understand you have to be in Park in order to look a location up. But there is an outfit called Coastal Dave that has stuff to defeat all this., but they are overloaded right now and you'll need patience with them. Check the boards, if you are not mechanically inclined, you may need to find a shop that can do it, the instructions I understand are excellent, you may be able to get them, and go around inquiring if such shop would do this. At first though, do like Toyota says, and just drive it, see what you need and what you can accomplish, at the most reasonable cost. I used a lot of stuff I had on my old car (02 Explorer)., the mirrors, rear window and visibility around the car was a problem and I solved all of them cheaply. Forget about Jumping somebody unless you have a separate 12 volt jump start unit, DO NOT DO IT FROM THE CAR. You can jump start yourself, but not the other way around. There is a EV swicth of sorts., it kinda forces electrical power only. Toyota says no., but it is used all over the world just not in the US. It could void warranties, especially the batteries Toyota says. It can afford slight MPG savings BUT ONLY under certain conditions. It is a popular add on here and mostly dealers would not be able to tell you had it if done right. I have not seen any really outstanding MPG improving mods on this board, you may want to consider raising the air pressure in the Goodyear tires, and most other tires lead to MPG hits. Poor tire care results in greatly reduced MPG, have the front with higher pressure then the rears. Relax though, you'll love this car, and if I have mislead you or given wrong info, I know the good guys here will jump in, I welcome that, cause we always learn here, that is what I like. If you own I-PODS this car is great and can take hook up from them, Coastal Dave among others again..but if it is your cup of tea, you'll love it. There are places that install DVD players for the back..the board has some beautiful results pics., also there are seat covers, window shades, and leather covers for the arm rests and the likes..all good stuff, on the costly side but they fit perfect and look great.

Again hang in, and ps go over the car carefully, and I suggest you pick it up alone..distractions with this car are numerous, just getting used to it, or at least have the wife follow and take the kids, to get the new girl home. Watch the dealer, go over the car carefully, make sure you get all the contents you are supposed to get, mats etc...and match the sticker to the options. Sometimes they put it on the sticker and not on or in the car.

Regards and keep us informed

13. chappyfade

chappyfade New Member

3 more days.....got my fix today by going to lot in Springfield, MO at Reliable. They had two Tidelands on the lot. Both sold.

Chap

14. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Go Chappyfade..you;ll be rewarded for your wait..this car does rock, I give em all that..and it is good for all..no matter what Toyota is doing the right thing.

15. sutherlin12

sutherlin12 New Member

I know what you mean abou the wait. I had to wait a whole 30 minutes. I almost didn't make it. :D

16. ReneGS

ReneGS New Member

Another Avid Zaino user I see. :mrgreen:

Ive been using zaino for years and wouldnt think of using naything else. Some people switched over to Tropical something but not me. Not after seeing the great results its done on my other cars.

Oh yeah congrats on the new ride. :D

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Sigh.

'tis Prius Eve, and the dealer emailed a couple of hours ago and said that the car is now showing a 7/8 delivery.

I need some hugs...

PS. ChappyFade, hope your new ride came in for you yesterday..... Send us a photo!

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

It's there! (Just a couple of days late.) Sales rep called, they are just now unloading off of transport truck. They are going to prep it for available pickup tomorrow. Road trip from Atlanta to Charlotte in the morning!

19. timyr6

timyr6 New Member

question: What is the "universal transceiver" as available on pkg's #6, #5, and #2 ?

20. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timyr6\";p=\"105770)</div>
    That would be the Homelink (registered trademark) Universal Transceiver.
    A transceiver is a radio frequency transmitter/receiver.
    That is the "automatic garage door opener" which is comes with packages two, five, and six.

According to the link below, the Homelink system can be programmed for other uses . . . . such as unlocking doors, disarming security systems, light control, etc.

Someone else on this board who actually uses the system may be able to tell you more.

http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml