1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JuicePlug

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is a J1772 socket-and-plug with a daughter board that provides WiFi connectivity to monitor the charge voltage, current, and effect some controls:
    [​IMG]

source: emotorwerks.com/store-juicebox-ev-charging-stations/1631-juiceplug-a-universal-smart-ev-charging-adapter/category_pathway-23
    • Anytime / anywhere monitoring and control of your charging via our best-in-class smartphone and web interfaces.
    • Set up Time-of-Use schedules, your maximum wiring ratings, turn your charging on and off remotely, etc.•
    • Up to 10 automatic notification types that help you manage your EV charging experience. For example, JuicePlug can notify you that your car is still not plugged in by 10pm, etc•
    • Access to your charging history, cost of energy, and CO2 budget (pounds saved by driving electric, pounds saved by charging smart, and total pounds spent)•
    • Guaranteed full charge by specified time using the cleanest possible power - using award-winning smart charging algorithms from our JuiceNet platform•
    • Voltage: 100-270 VAC•
    • Power: up to 40 Amps / 10 kW•
    • Full J1772 support for compatibility with all vehicles & EVSEs•
    • Measurement precision (current, voltage, power, energy): better than 0.5%•
    • Monitoring & Control latency: less than 3 seconds for full smart-grid compatibility
    Bob Wilson

#1 bwilson4web, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I've checked out emotorwerks' products on many occasions. Their most intriguing product (to me) is their 240v - 25kW (up to) 97% efficient CHADdeMO quick charger, for ~$3,900. That'd be way cool to charge at home in less than an hour for quick turnaround if/when you just had to get back on the road. That doesn't happen so often for us, but if you have to have lots of goodies - that would be the sweet setup. What's freaky weird & scary to me is they sell it in 2 versions - an isolated version, & a non-isolated version.
    https://vam.anest.ufl.edu/simulations/orelectric.php
    That non-isolated version just seems like an accident waiting to happen.

All their other goodies seem above board & look like ther're built to be bulletproof.

#2 hill, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    bwilson4web likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Every time I buy something, Murphy's Law: OpenEV Store - OpenEV Store

[​IMG]
    It isn't price but the opportunity to 'get into the guts.' <SIGH>