1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

July 2010 Prius V Safety Connect

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by babydoc11, Sep 15, 2009.

1. babydoc11

babydoc11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have one of the first US Prius V/tech models. Is there any way to have the Safety Connect package installed? It would have been nice to have had this on MY car! By the way, it's great and I m averaging almost 55mpg over 2500 miles.

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    PriusTeam (Toyota marketing) has posted that there is no way to retrofit it to the early models.

Of course, with enough money, or smart people like hawkmoon or rachelseven, I suppose anything is possible. The programming or ports or whatever may not be there in the earlier ECU and Nav though, even if you were willing to buy parts, remove headliners, run wires, etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Now if these folks could hack and design an easy-to-install kit for USB Interface - would be great!

Although using the audio cable / Aux port is OK, full function USB at low cost - now you're talkin'

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The Toyota part is an easy enough DIY project, but the slow and cumbersome software doesn't seem worth it, especially since it doesn't let you control anything from the player at the same time. Personally, I would probably use the Kensington Liquid Aux or one of the Griffin Tech products to connect an Ipod. With an iphone, the bluetooth wireless is good enough, since the best interface is on the phone itself.