1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

July 4th Present

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 08 mag grey, Jul 6, 2008.

1. 08 mag grey

08 mag grey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello to All,

When we went to order our new Prius the dealer told us he didn't want out SUV in trade. No Surprise. So I put an ad on Craigs List in sold it a 48 hours. LUCKY !! That day we went to the dealer and ordered our Prius giving them two color choices. Well 20 days later, on July 3rd, we picked up our new 2008 Magnetic Grey Matallic Touring Prius.... Again LUCKY !!!

We took it for a drive from Tucson, AZ to Scottsdale and the drive proved to be very enjoyable. MPG was at 40 but I figure it'll get better when it has a few more miles on it. The seats were just OK for a 6'3" guy but could be better. The A/C worked fine in 106 degree heat. All in all it's a keeper !!!

We're the third family in our neighborhood that now owns a Prius.

Bob
    :)

2. a_soccer_player

a_soccer_player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on the new car!

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done, and congatulations.
    Have you pumped up those tyres yet?
    Check the spare before you start putting stuff under the floor, 60PSI in the spare.

4. 08 mag grey

08 mag grey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I haven't fooled with anything yet. I'll wait a short time to try different things. I have ordered the side molding and the window shield.
    Windows were tinted by the dealer.
    :)

5. SVPriusFan

SVPriusFan Hymotioned and loving it...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the new ride!

I also have a 2008 Mag. Grey, and love it! I've upped the tire pressure to 42/40 and with mild hypermiling I'm seeing 60-70MPG on average for trips over 15 miles in length - very cool:D

BTW, I'm also 6'3" and I've had no problems with seat comfort. Getting in and out is a little tight but I'm used to it now (this is my second Prius). All in all I think its the best car I've ever owned.

Enjoy!

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Do the tires now before they have a chance to wear on the edges. The max pressure on them is probably 44 psi, so anything up to that is within the limits of the tire manufacturer.

7. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Actually you can do 50 psi and still be way within the saftey margin of the burst pressure of the tire. I have used 50 psi for over a year with no problems.