1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jump terminal on 2012 Toyota Aqua

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Graham Thomas, May 6, 2019.

1. Graham Thomas

Graham Thomas New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    little orange.jpg Hi Guys.Does anybody know if it is possible to retrofit a 2012 model Toyota Aqua with a jump terminal from later models. Apparently the 2012 model had no jump terminal fitted in the fuse box under the bonnet..So when the 12v battery goes flat,i have to get down on my hands and knees,unclip the plastic pins at the bottom of the back seat .and remove the battery cover to expose the battery terminals before i can attach the jumper leads. Can be difficult when parked in a confined space or at night with insufficient lighting..
    I can only blame myself as i think the ignition is off when in fact it is still on. I am used to a conventional car where the engine audibly turns off when ignition switch is turned off...

#1 Graham Thomas, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't know if there is a wire from the battery to the engine bay, but it is unlikely.

if it were me, i would install a new battery and try not to drain it. if you must, run a short section of proper size cable from the terminals so you can pul them out from under the seat and jump it. use extreme caution when capping the ends so no one is exposed to the possibility of a shock when not in use.

3. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go under the hood, take off the fuse box cover and take a picture. Then post it here.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You might be able to wire some sort of jump start quick connect (google the underlined, and variations); there are some products out there. You can go for covered posts, or a quick-coupler that matches one on your jumper cable.