1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jumping In - Right Deal?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by crowe1130, May 12, 2009.

1. crowe1130

crowe1130 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So glad I stumbled on this community while looking for my new car! I've been comparison shopping and am about ready to take the plunge. I'm sure I'll be happy with the car based on all of your comments and discussions and look forward to being a hybrid owner.

But I also want to make sure I'm getting the right deal. The best I've been offered is a 2009 package 5 for $24,500 +tax/tags with 0% for 60 months. Is this the best I can do in my area (northeast)?

Thanks for any input and advice, and thanks for this great forum!

2. Berzerkeley

Berzerkeley New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi!
    Like you, I have been on the verge of buying a Prius and have been researching buying a 2009 vs. 2010. What I have learned from several dealers on the West Coast (and yes I weigh what dealers tell me and this may or may not be true for you in the NE) is that there is a lot of 2009 #5 inventory nationwide. $24K sounds good, but I was getting quotes of $23K (with the rebate).

As the 2010s hit the dealer lots the beginning of June, the prices of the 2009 will fall. Its a question of whether you want a bird in hand, so to speak.

3. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We took the "bird in the hand" approach because we wanted a Touring Package #6. They're not too easy to find around here, so we took a deal at $25,614 plus tax and tags. We may have gotten a better deal later but didn't want to take the chance. I'm not generally noted for my patience, but driving a Prius is helping me in that regard ;)

4. priuswei

priuswei BEAST

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in the same boat, although in southern california. i've checked virtually ever dealer in LA/SD/OC area as well as Nor Cal, Vegas and Phoenix. So far, Nor Cal has provided the best quote for a Pkg 5 $22,700 + tax, title, etc since they have the most inventory. Phoenix came in second $23,049 + tax, title, etc .

My suggestion is to search neighboring metro areas. If they can provide a better dealer, it may be cheaper to fly there and drive back home.

5. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Really only you know if its right for you, Congrats and do it:)