1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

June 8, 1967

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I've made a little poem... a sort of riddle (hope it's not too cheesy)... to point the direction of knowledge of politics and the world that needs to be made known to everyone.

Anyone want to try and figure out what happened on this day?

Every line has a distinct significance in terms of national and global politics and conflict.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]296232[/snapback]</div>
    Here is another poem:

roses are red
    violets are blue
    if you were a marine in lebanon
    hezbollah killed you

roses are red
    violets are blue
    if you were in kobar towers
    hezbollah killed you

roses are red
    violets are blue
    UN resolution 1559
    Hezbollah ignored you

roses are red
    violets are blue
    in you live in Israel
    Hezbollah wants to kill you

each line has a meaning that is actually relevant to today and not 40 years ago.

another poem:

roses are red
    violets are blue
    Hezobollah
    If nobody stops them, Israel is going to kill you

or

roses are red
    violets are blue
    hezbollah
    why dont you want peace?

3. Mirza

Mirza New Member

LOL, I'm not talking about Hezbollah... but I get the impression you know the details of the exact event. It does relate to today... they're as brutal today as they were on June 8, 1967.

Answer this question... when/how/where/why did Hezbollah start?

You're really deluding yourself by making things so simple and black/white.

There's a far deeper political history here... it's like a knot that's been tied up many thousands of times and almost impossible to untangle.

And do note that I am anti-Hezbollah... but am aware that they 'don't exist for no reason.' There's more to it than just sheer hatred.

Please also keep in mind that you've uncovered only the main fact from the poem/riddle :)... I assure you, there's quite a bit more... and it's not just about Israel.

I'm no longer tolerant of any Israeli policies... but do not dare call me an anti-Semite. There's a reason why Jews speak out against Israel... obviously not in the current conflict (given the vast majority of Israelis in support of their government's response)... but in other conflicts.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 10:25 AM) [snapback]296245[/snapback]</div>
    The answer to your questions are known to you - and hence you know the only solution possible.
    And you are wrong - it is sheer hatred. Why did they arm after Israel left Lebanon?? They needed 13,000 rockets, anti-ship missiles, long range surface to surface missiles --- why did the not invest that valuable money into the people instead -- oops did not mean to go there -- I guess you can also answer that same question for the PA/Arafart (how did he become a BILLIONARE?)
    The only delusion going on is if the world stops Israel from eradicating Hezbollah and then letting the real Lebanese create a country for themselves instead of having outsiders rule over them. Then there will be peace.

5. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]296232[/snapback]</div>
    Gotta love Wiki - more useful than my 1963 set of Worldbooks =) Certainly didn't know the date, though "the day Liberty died" should have clued me in.

Before we fight it out, remember that it's never (as far as I understand it) been proven/admitted that the attackers had any idea what was going on. It sounds like a giant charlie-foxtrot of a situation to me - unexcusable, perhaps, but not uncommon and obviously (since we're still on 'good terms' with Isreal) forgivable. The US has made similar (and more costly) mistakes.

It's possible that it was intentional - it would hardly be the first time that governments have engaged in decidedly underhanded tactics. There's no proof, though, and it's evident that our response was not ideal, either. The complaint is that there was no congressional investigation - and that's a valid complaint. That doesn't actually mean it was anything more than a huge communications bungle, though.

There's little in the world that's cut and dried - and even less than can be proven conclusively so. There will always be theorists on either side, and you're welcome to be one. I tend to look for the most logical explanation that fits the evidence - some people take a lot of joy in finding other (sometimes slightly less logical) explanations for the same evidence.

EDIT: Wow, I'm slow today! Three replies before I can formulate one =) To sum it up: I don't personally think the incident was an intentional attack (at least not at a governmental level) because I have not seen anything that explains how it could have been beneficial to Israel.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. wstander

wstander New Member

Mirza,

Was there ever anything that Hezbollah, Lebanon, Hamas, or The Palestinians did wrong, or anything that Israel or the USA ever did right, in your opinion?

BTW: Are you aware that the links on the bottom of your signature are broken?

jes' wundrun'

8. Mirza

Mirza New Member

-I heard the ship gave off all kinds of SOS alarms and distress signals.
    -It was in international waters.

A brief review last night of the incident brought up some surviving sailors who knew that the attackers knew the ship was American... thus it was intentional.

Here's how it's beneficial for Israel (theory)... courtesy via a Lebanese friend... the Liberty would've been able to conduct surveillance of attrocities being committed at the time.

-------
    Oh the Palestinians and Arabs have definitely done their fair share of crimes... suicide bombers... but I raise this issue and related ones because common opinion is largely anti-Arab/Palestinian and Pro-Israeli.

The goverment has done its fair share of things right... but there's stuff few hear about ~that I think goes against everything the founding fathers stood for.

9. Mirza

Mirza New Member

10. wstander

wstander New Member

Anyone care to opine how the presence and attack on a US intel collector would have been portrayed in the New York Times or by Dan Rather had it occurred in 2003?

11. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]296273[/snapback]</div>
    You're correct on both counts.

And what's more interesting is the fact that the Israeli planes jammed frequencies that Americans used, not the freqs used by the Egyptians/Syrians. So they probably knew who they were up against.

And you have to wonder why they shot up the life rafts... some friends.

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 2 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]296301[/snapback]</div>
    It a freaken love feast here...
    I guess you guys know the truth and the whole truth...

Does Mel agree with you too? Maybe you can have a part in his movie on:
    The Jews attack the USS Liberty - on Purpose -- What Friends!
    Starring...

13. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Aug 2 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]296301[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the information... it's probably time I tell people about some of the other stuff I've been referring to.

About Israeli war policies and brutality... (and yes I am well aware of Palestinian suicide bombers going into cafes and restaurants and buses and whatnot... but I am also aware that everything looks favorably upon Israel's actions as justified... I believe that Israeli policies are unjustified... not in terms of defense... but rather in terms of response).

My Lebanese friend has a story... about some 21 years ago when Israel was occupying Lebanon. Apparently, Israel in the Arab world is well known for inflicting as much damage as possible... no matter how much Shimon Peres says they care about civilians... this is just not true.

At the time, my Lebanese friend's daughter was 9 months old. They were all in a bomb shelter under some building while Israel was bombing the buildings in the neighborhood (this was about a couple of decades ago). They (Isreali) stopped bombing... IE for about 15 minutes the activity halted. She went to the roof of the building, and Israeli jets started bombing the buildings again... she told me last night of how she thought her heart would explode and she would die... how the buildings rumble as the Israeli jets fly very low to the ground. She was able to walk away from the incident.

The tactic is pretty well known... they'll stop attacking for some time... then when people get out to help those in need... Israel bombs them.

Israel has a reputation for blowing up ambulance and medical supplies in the Palestinian conflict, and even the current one. I heard of Lebanese Red Cross vehicles being blown up by Israel in the current conflict.

You've probably heard about the rockets Hezbollah is using? The Katushas, upon striking, unleash pellets everywhere. It is a violation of human rights rules (I think the Geneva Convention, or something else) to use these kinds of weapons where there are known civilians. I've seen CNN bring this up about Hezbollah (rightfully... but I haven't heard any of the American news networks mention the Israeli weapons so far)... but did you know Israel too is committing human rights violations? The weapons they are using have some kind of white phopsphorous that aims to cause much more pain tho those who get the chemical on them. Here's the proof:

(WARNING: The following links contain graphic images and videos)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14181.htm

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...&articleId=2787

This is the nature of the beast. I would be more suprised if guerillas and terrorist groups didn't form. As for the definition of terrorism... I argue that there is very little moral difference between someone who intentionally kills civilians and someone who KNOWS that their actions are indiscriminately killing many civilians.

-------
    In regards to Israel's relation to the US... I urge you all to view the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7T4DhDLPrY...ch=fox%20israel

I also point at the book entitled "Those Who Dare to Speak Out."

14. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 2 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]296315[/snapback]</div>
    Man, I love that!

You say one bad thing, and let's face it, the attack on the USS Liberty was a really bad thing, and you're anti Semitic.

Grow up. Learn that there are shades of gray, not just black and white.

15. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]296273[/snapback]</div>

Care to elaborate on the 'atrocities'?

16. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 2 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]296321[/snapback]</div>
    How else could they win a conflict/war in what... six days and against something like 3 goverments?

It's plain and simple... the Israeli army is brutal and does not have respect for rules of war.

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You should start writing for Hamas, the right of return could be a good title.

18. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 2 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]296325[/snapback]</div>

And, what are those 'rules of war'?

19. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 2 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]296332[/snapback]</div>
    As far as the debate between you and I is concerned, your statement shows that I've won the debate. I take your ad hominem attack as victory... you're meaningless in this debate. I've made my position strong and clear, yet the only way you find of countering my arguments is to resort to tasteless attacks on personal character. Good riddance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 2 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]296339[/snapback]</div>
    Like the one where you try to avoid civilian deaths... but they don't reach that level... the international law is that you don't indiscriminately attack civilians... and to that you'll point at Hamas/Hezbollah... which I've already countered (the 'moral difference' argument).

20. Mirza

Mirza New Member