1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just a good driving day, even with colder temps...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by OceanEyes, Nov 25, 2012.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Started the annual shopping... let my Prius stretch her legs on I-95 and the mileage was 50.4 mpg... not as good as I was getting but today was more of a day to maneuver through the traffic, some astonished looks that I passed by folks driving slower (the "Holy ****, was that a Prius?!" look o_O, LOL!!! ). She can kick it up when needed and I like the easy manueverability (my spelling might be off). Luckily, folks give me my space when I am out and about and I am all about defensive driving as I am getting fiercely protective of this new baby.

Not liking the drop in mpg with colder weather - I am not running the heat unless the windows start fogging up and still have it at 68 and that is warm for me. She is garaged at night so that works.

Enjoyed a three mile run today for the first time in weeks and that wonderful "hot flash detector" kicked on as I was chugging water and getting ready to drive home...

And still have to go shopping for snows - it will be a shame to stable this toy due to inclement weather...

2. Vas25tl

Vas25tl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've noticed a decrease in my MPG since it's been colder out but I still haven't gotten below 46.6MPG on a tank (actual calculation, not the computer).

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dropping below 50 mpgs was a depressing day for me... might have to look into the engine block heater - the Prius is garaged at night, the diesel truck is plugged in outside to keep her block warm since we may get snow tomorrow and the Prius does not yet have her "snow shoes" on... but another good day today when she accelerated swiftly to get on an expressway and merged seamlessly into the flow... so glad I did not listen to folks who told me that the Prius had no power. They haven't met mine. :D

Only bummer was on local, crowded, narrow roads earlier in the day with an ambulance behind me - got out of the way but then a second one came out of nowhere and I needed the right hand lane to yield to me so I could yield to a greater power... did not like that nasty honk behind me and someone blocking me from moving to the right to yield to an emergency vehicle...really folks? I needed to get out of the way of an ambulance and you could not yield?:mad: Did finally catch a break but did so not want to be that Prius that could not get out of the way...:oops: