1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just a quick question.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xartis, Jul 23, 2008.

1. xartis

xartis New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I tried the search feature and didn't see anything so I guess I'll ask. Is there a way to see the lifetime mpg for the car. I've seen a couple of posts where people say what they've gotten for the life of the car. Just curious how to figure it out besides manually figuring each tank together. Thanks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    on your '08 if you never hit the reset button on the consumption screen that will be your lifetime MPG. Otherwise you need to track it manually as there is no way to keep both LMPG and tank MPG on the Prius.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I recommend tracking your gas mileage manually. Not only does it give you some clearer pictures about fuel economy in different driving conditions (winter/summer, long trips/short trips, terrain, etc.), but you get to know your car a little better, you keep a closer eye on the odometer, and it's just sort of a responsible-car-owner thing to do. My parents always kept a logbook in their cars and I always will in mine.