1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought a moonglow 4 (owned a 2007 Prius)

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by studiopeg, Nov 4, 2012.

1. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

I just traded my 2007 Prius (111,000 miles) for a C 4 today and I am really happy about the decision, although I won't have the C for another few days. The regular Prius has been good, very reliable, great mileage, but I never once had anyone in the back seat. I don't need a car that big. It has dents, needs brakes, tires, transmission flush, front end work... and even though I was pleased overall with it, I have to say the traction control was maddening. Everytime I hit a pothole it would go off, and everytime I needed to get out fast into traffic and I was on a little bit of sand it would not let me go. I hated that.

Anyway, I am excited about the C in a way I never was about my 2007 Prius. I like the looks, I like the inside, and I LOVE the heated seats :) I will miss the backup camera and home link/auto dimming rearview mirror and lighted visors, but I can do without all those things. I am looking forward to being able to fit the C and my Harley in the garage at the same time now instead of leaving the car out of the garage all summer long, yeah!

My color choices were down to silver, blue, and moonglow. I really wanted super white, but it was not to be, so I went with the moonglow.

To be a good shopper, I went to another Toyota dealer today for comparison shopping (they had the super white I wanted) and they offered a price $3,900 higher than the first dealer I went to. What a bunch of moronic idiots. I walked away without saying anything more than "thank you for your time, I am not interested any further." Gotta love their idiocy in quoting a greedy price to start with. I don't bargain at the start point of greed.

The moonglow color is kinda wierd... it's looks greenish in the sunlight. I have a pearl white Harley and the pearl shimmers nicely in the sunlight but doesn't look green. But I will get used to it!

2. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats.

Out of curiosity, what front end work did your old Prius need?

iPhone ?

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats.

Out of curiosity, what front end work did your old Prius need?

iPhone ?

4. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

It needs (so they tell me) struts, and the front end creaks horribly. Really really loud. If I go slowly over a speed bump, creeeeaaak, groan. People even look when they hear it. I don't know what that is. And I suppose since it needs tires it would need a front-end alignment too. If I was a very wise shopper I would probably put all the money needed into the current Prius and go for another 100,000 miles. But I can't do it. Plus I have a dang acorn rolling around behind the dashboard which they can't get and it drives me NUTS!

5. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on ur new Prius.

6. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Don't give up on these things so easily. We have couple of threads here about rear view camera installation as well as home link/auto dimming rear view mirror. You won't spend more than $100 on all thee goodies if you just a little bit handy. Enjoy your C4.

7. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

I definitely would like the auto-dimming/home link mirror. I am a master at parallel parking and used the backup camera for that all the time. That I am going to miss. 'm handy with my Harley (I'm a chick) but don't know anything about car wiring. Would have to find someone to install for me. I'm going to look around for those threads, thanks!

8. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on your new C!

9. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

Pick it up tonight!

10. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

Sitting in the managers office right now. 10 more minutes :)

Rob.au likes this.
  11. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

Got it last night, and here is the first pic of her from today :(

[​IMG]

JE Sukara likes this.
  12. apandabear

apandabear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Awww, she's frosty!!

Great looking car! I <3 my Moonglow c 3 !!!

Congrats!!

studiopeg likes this.
  13. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I am sure you were happy to seat on heated seats though :eek:)

14. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

No kidding! That heated seat was fantastic this morning, first time I've ever had those. Yum!

15. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What about the side mirrors?

I guess you're mileage is about 30 MPG with all the cabin heat, seats and mirrors.

16. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

The entire trip yesterday - work and back (68 miles) with the heat on and the heated seat on for a while was 53.6

Mik1 likes this.
  17. apandabear

apandabear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

That's fabulous!

I've been not running the heat at all and getting sub-50 or exactly 50. Cold starts, short commutes (~10 miles, 20-25 min), and my TPMS light is on (need to get that taken care off... grr). Oh and I'm a new hybrid driver! I'm still getting used to everything.. And the Trip Summary screen (where it shows you 10 trips) is really confusing to me, because it's showing 100mpg on some trips?? What?!

I'm totally jealous. Of your MPGs and your butt warmers!! I hope you're loving your c as much as I am!

18. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

:) I just traded my 2007 Prius Gen II for the C so my driving behavior has been refined over the past 5 years. I used to be a led foot. The previous Prius taught me to be a conservative driver. The C is loads of fun - screens I never had on the Gen II Prius... I'm making a game of watching the eco monitor, accelerating very slowly, using engine braking, see how high a score I can get. I'm so mad the second day out with it has to be slush everywhere :(