1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought my '04 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by EazyMack, Dec 4, 2010.

1. EazyMack

EazyMack Intelligently Designed

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had never even driven a Prius until recently, when I went out shopping Priuses & Civic Hybrids (I already had an '03 CH). I must say, I am enjoying the ride thus far! It helps that I got the touring package with all the perks. I'm sure I stand in a long line of folks whose only complaint (though it is a significant one) is the inability to use all the navigation features while driving. Hopefully future navigation updates will do away with this silly restriction.

Other than that, I am most satisfied with my purchase, and happy to join the club! :cheer2:

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: I hope you find PriusChat as helpful as I do.

Given the litigious nature of the US, I do not foresee Toyota's lawyers ever sllowing you to drive and navigate. The buzzword to look for is 'lockpick' to unlock your Nav system.

TOYOTA LOCKPICKS

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: welcome, EasyMack and congrats on your Prius purchase!
    If you're up to it, get comfy and start reading. There is tons of great knowledge in these forums.

I have an '04. Bought it new six years and 80,000 miles of relatively trouble-free driving ago. I sincerely hope you come to love your Prius as much as I love mine.