1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought our first Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lauraleehayes, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lauraleehayes

lauraleehayes New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been a lurker here for a while, gathering information before we made our purchase. I'm so excited that we bought our first Prius today! It's a 2006, blue, with package 5, and 55,000 miles. She's a lot of fun to drive so far! They let us take her home yesterday, so we've been driving for two days now. We're getting about 45 mpg. I hope we can increase that to 50-55 with more driving experience, but if we get 45, I will be happy. That beats the 18 mpg we were getting with our GMC Envoy. Can't wait to enjoy our car!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congratulations and welcome!:welcome:nice to see intelligent people coming over from the dark side!

3. sakai

sakai New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yay and congrats! I've been a Prius owner for six months now and enjoy it more every time I drive it. I'm a long distance highway commuter, but have found that the real fun is when I'm running to the farmers market and get to drive it around town. Yes, you will become mileage junkies. Just read up on everything here - it is quite enjoyable the first time you rack up a few 100mpg bars around town. :D

4. lauraleehayes

lauraleehayes New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! We are both very excited. I've driven it a few days now and my husband is excited to take it on a 100 mi+ road trip in a few days!

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is great. Have a good and safe trip. If you have not, read through the manual before you go on the trip. Know where you spare is, etc.

6. Prowler

Prowler Newbie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your choice of car.
    I also have been a lurker here for a while, gathering information before I made my purchase. I just bought our first Prius today! It's a 2008 with 43k miles. It was Toyota certified, picked it up for $13k from local toyota dealer. I am not sure how to tell what package it is.
    I been reading up on mods and think I want to try the EV mode first. I have heard of plug in conversions (PHEV) but not if you can do a plug in for the stock batteries. Does anyone know if this can be done or if it is a good thing to do?