1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just bought Prius 4 - any recommendations for iphone 5s charger?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KathyK, Nov 23, 2015.

1. KathyK

KathyK New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an iphone 5s car charger? I just bought a 2015 Prius 4. There are several car chargers for iphones on Amazon.... any good ones?

Thank you !

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    How about if you use the included USB port? and save your money?

3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    ^^ See Above ^^

4. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My understanding is that there is quite a bit of difference in how fast a phone will charge using the USB port vs using a rapid/lightning charger in the power port. We use our phones a lot for photos, etc., on our road trips and it took forever to charge our Droids using the USB port. So, rather than buy a car charger, we use an AC inverter with 2 ports that we already had with the "quick" chargers that came with the phones. The AC inverter is not limited to charging the phones, it allows us to power/charge our laptops, camera batteries, etc., and power other devices too.

Now, some folks don't like the added bulk of some AC inverters or don't care about charging speed, so I would suggest you try the USB port for awhile. If that doesn't work well enough and you buy a car charger, I recommend you buy one that is labeled as "lightning" or "rapid".