1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just checking in

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Castanea, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Castanea

Castanea Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't posted here for a long time and just wanted to stop by with an update. My little red 2013 has become something of a driveway queen in my retirement. I hardly drove at all during Covid, and nowadays it takes me to church on Sundays and the grocery store about twice a month and not even those trips if there is snow or ice on the streets. Life is good.

The time came for what I consider its 10 year/30,000 mile service. It is only nine and a half years and just over 32,000 miles, but close enough on both counts. Oil and filter change as usual, plus transmission oil and both coolant systems. The dealership guy didn't want to do either of these two extra items: they are lifetime fluids and don't need replacement, certainly not at your milage, so he said. But I told him how I want this car to outlast me, and how I hope we both still have ten or twenty more years in us and he did the work and of course charged lots of money for it, a bit over $500. I don't care if he considers me obsessive; I probably am.

I still love my car. It looks great. It runs like new and still gets terrific mileage. What more could I want?

Good wishes to you all here at PriusChat!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    same to you!
    thanks for the update. i'm at 10 years, 80k. i haven't done anything, but those 3 services sound like a good idea.

all the best!