1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Finished the Flasher EV Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by treehggr, Jun 8, 2007.

1. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that I just completed the Flasher EV Mode install on my car. I think it went pretty well considering the time it took me. It ended up taking me 2hrs to complete including the soldering.

I think the hardest part was removing the purple wire from the flasher plug and replacing it with my own. The other hard part was running the wire behind the dash from the passenger side to the drivers...other than those two things all went fine.

I took it for a test drive through the neighborhood and have to say I love this mod. It's nice to be able to drive in that mode for a short distance without the ICE kicking in when you don't want it to. I plan on using it the last few minutes down the road and into my work parking lot and when entering into my neighborhood on my way home. So what is the max speed you can go in EV and how slow do you have to be going to activate it?

Also I'd like to say thanks to efusco for the guide...it was very helpful.

Thanks, Brandon