1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Fresh Air

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Metalman, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Metalman

Metalman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We seldom use the Prius unless the AC is running. However, today it was not hot enough for the AC and we wanted to run the fan and keep the windows closed to reduce the wind noise. I can't figure out how to run the fan without having the set temperature display. I presume when the temp is displayed, the control will determine whether heat or AC will be activated. I want to run the fan without either AC or heat. Is that possible:?

2. 50324prius

50324prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it is the "auto" mode push the "AC" button to turn the compressor off. If you do not want heat, set the temp down to "LO" and then adjust the fan accordingly. Also, make sure you have it set for outside air.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    You don't need Auto either, just use the fan speed buttons.

4. Metalman

Metalman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I push the "auto" button to turn off the AC, the fan also shuts off. When I turn the fan on, the "auto" turns on. I can get the fan to run without the temperature showing on the display and the auto light lit. So I presume I'm either getting heat or AC.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you press 'off', then hit fan for one bar, everything comes back on. turn temp all the way down, press a/c so lite goes off and you're getting fresh air, no heat, no a/c. you should also be able to press 'auto' so lite goes off, but if not, you're still not getting a/c if a/c lite is off.