1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got 5K service... strange item

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sheepdog, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got my 5K service and substituted Mobil 1 Ext for the Toyota Mobil "bulk" oil. They didnt have any problem with that. I guess it saves them money. I used their filter. Service was free anyway.

I had the alignment checked. The left front was out of spec and the left rear was also. Probably from the trip over they said. They fixed the front and said they actually fixed the rear... Not sure about that one. I was able to see the alignment results but didnt get a copy. The toe and camber were out of spec. The steering wheel is centered now also.

Do I beleive they actually adjusted the rear toe and camber if they said it out out of spec? I thought that involved shims.

anyway They saw my tires at 42/40 and wanted to change them. I said no. I won by showing them the tires sides that said max 44. sheesh.

Front / rear tires swapped and rebalanced. Nice perk that.

The little car is fine. drives true it seems. All set for more miles! Cost? $8 because I bought a tube of barcelona touch up paint.

Priceless.