1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Got A Prius Tonight!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by powerless, Jan 5, 2008.

1. powerless

powerless New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello all,

I picked up an 04 seaside pearl package 6 with 42k miles on it tonight. Completely in love with the car already and took me almost 20 minutes to decide where to park lol. Got it for less than $19k from Adams in Lees Summit, MO. It's in perfect condition. Apparently the guy who owned it babied it for all 40k then traded it in for an 08. Not the color I wanted but easier to take care of than the black one I almost bought. The black one had 10k less miles and was an 05 but no navigation and was the exact same price. I think I made a good choice. Besides I plan on trading in in a couple years for the Gen III. Anyways glad to be a part of the community. Will try to post pics soon.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats on the Prius, PowerLess and Welcome to PriusChat.

Get comfortable; there's a lot to read and learn.

p.s. sleeping in your Prius for the first night is entirely up to you.

3. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :D I resemble that remark :D I tried to talk the wife into it but, she said something about too much window glass...;):D

Welcome and congratulations PowerLess! I would say that you made a fine choice of colors.;)

As Tony mentioned, there is a lot of reading material to help you learn all you need to know, and then some, about your new ride.

4. jclay1965

jclay1965 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats - you will love it. I had to sell mine (see below) when we moved across country a few months ago - had 2 other cars to contend with driving, and didn't want to ship a third - so I have been without my beloved Prius for several months now. I could not stand it any longer and tonight put a deposit on a 2008 Barcelona Red Touring Edition - which is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on Monday - having sunroof installed (!!) and should be ready to roll by Wednesday or so. I am soooo excited I can hardly wait!

We're back in California, and I HAD TO HAVE the sunroof!

I have to be honest with you, it's the best car I've ever owned. I just think the Prius is the coolest thing since sliced bread! :p

I'll update everything later this week as things progress - I have missed PriusChat as well!

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If they didn't come with the car, buy copies of the owner's manual and the scheduled maintenance guide. They will save you money and trouble.

6. Jon the Chief

Jon the Chief Jon the Chief

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, I got mine Friday night, the owners books are good bedtime reading and each morning the is something new to try out.

Management, otherwise known as my wife Ann is also over the moon with the smooth quite ride. My neighbors are all wanting a ride to see the cool displays I will have to be taking bookings.

It just keeps getting better!

Jon the Chief.

7. powerless

powerless New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ha... Thanks alot for the support guys...yeah only one day of driving...already considering moving out of my apt. and into my car:D...only things I would really like to add are window tint....backup camera, and heated leather seats. Will probably wait on that until I get into the GenIII

8. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations on the purchase. For an '04, sounds like you got a mint condition Prius. Enjoy the ride.

9. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Also Jhon1701a has a user's guide on his site that is quite useful, more readable than the manual, and has practical advice that is not in the manual.