1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got home with my new 2008 Prius!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by saminjax, Mar 4, 2008.

1. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ahhhh...that new car smell...

It is soooo beautiful. Classic silver with the gray interior. Drives so well. I already did some stealth driving on the way home! It is thrilling to see the display responses, to know everything going on with the car. It really is such a smooth, enjoyable ride. Stereo is so fine.

Can't believe it's mine...gonna go for another ride in a few minutes. Then, I've got a lot of reading to do. Dang, that manual is quite thick!

Gotta figure out where to mount my XM Radio pad. Anybody else have XM - if so, where did you mount yours?

I really, really appreciate all the advice I got from this forum regarding picking up my car. I already knew nearly everything my salesman, Brandon, told me, thanks to all of you (although I listened intently, anyway). He handed me the pre-delivery checklist before I asked for it - very good, huh? Go Brandon...

-Sam

2. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: and I doooo admire your taste in colors.

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got my classic silver with gray interior last Sunday and I love it. Here's a possible tip for you. My dealer told me that though the cloth seats are treated with a stain resistant spray, the console and arm rests are not. So, I immediately went to the local Target and got some Scotchguard and treated the console the armrests, headrests, etc. I actually went so far as to treat the seats again as well. The console and armrests always seem to get dirty so I didn't want to deal with that problem early in the game. You might want to consider that too! :)

4. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CONGRATULATIONS! :peace:

5. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks!:D:D:D

I will definitely get me some Scotchguard. I test drove a 2004 Prius when I was considering getting a used one and the beige arm rests were filthy! Scotchguard is a great plan!

6. The Root

The Root Desert Dweller

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sam:

If by the XM pad, you are referring to the antenna, mine is at the base of the windshield on the dash fairly far over on the passenger side. I get terrific reception.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So, I guess the weather cleared up, huh?

8. saminjax

saminjax Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yah, the weather cleared up nicely and my ride home was just fabulous. I'm hooked. :eek: Can't wait to drive to work in the morning (never thought I'd feel that way!).

About the XM, I'm a package 2, so my XM is not part of the car, lilke a package 6 perhaps is (?). By "pad," I meant the little satellite console that I manually place in my car (with the buttons and stuff on it). I'm thinking I'll put it down in front, directly across from the center armrest/compartment, beneath the radio. I can still reach and view it there and it won't ever become part of my forehead, due to putting it on top of an airbag compartment.

Well, I'm going to go in the garage and look at my beautiful new car once more, then I'm off to bed.

Have a great night!

-S

9. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  10. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Enjoy your ride Saminjax.

11. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to the Most Satisfied Car Owners in the country.