1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got home with my NEW prius!!!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sandman, Mar 29, 2008.

1. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got back from picking up my 2008 Prius.My wife named it SPEC I dont really like the name but its his and I have to deal with it...I got 43.2mpg on the way home it had 2 miles on it when I picked it up and now has 97 miles on it I tried really hard all the way home to keep mpg up as high as I could..It was about 38 degrees when I picked it up and got up to about 50 when I got home.. I stopped as soon as I left dealer and put front tires to 42psi and rear tires to 40psi.. I like it but its alot different than my 4x4 i got to turn that seat belt beeep off and the reverse beep off!!!! I am getting windows tinted next week..Hope to load my pics later..

2. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well here's SPEC I will post some new pics when I get windows tinted...

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

3. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats - very nice wheels! LOL on the speed you pumped up the tires. My advice until you get used to it is that you just drive it.
    Enjoy,
    Gabe

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    " SPEC "? [The spaces inside the quotes bug me, but without them the stupid forum software reduces the capital letters to smalls.]

5. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I will say being a newbie that the pulse and glide sounded complicated but it was really easy to do but I did find myself going slower and slower when doing it...:)

6. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    SPEC??? why spec?

anyways, i had a 06 caddy STS, dark grey interior and named it DARTH VADER.......................

then, as i drove the car home, my wife asked me, who is on the other spectrum of darth? i said hmmmmmm, how about YODA? then, the name stuck......so.......

congrats on spec! mine is yoda!:flame::pound:

7. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats! I watched a commercial once that had a rental car in it that was called a SPEC! Is this were the name came from?

8. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I asked my wife where she got SPEC but she dont really know where it came from..

9. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I thought maybe she considered it small and thus meant SPECK. They really aren't all that small, but in relative terms..... Anyway, congrats on the new #2, and welcome to the forum. I was quick to pump up my tires to 42/40 shortly after buying it, I think it was the next day as well. Just yesterday I pumped them to 45/43, but haven't driven it yet and will check that deal out today to see if it makes any difference to my mileage and/or handling.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice car there Sandman, one of them Prius cars isn't it?
    Where do you plug it in?

Just getting in before everyone else.

11. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nice choice of color!

I came up with the name Bullet, but my car didn't like that name, so I'm still thinking. (and in case you're asking yourself "the car didn't like that name?"- how does SHE know?) One morning as I was getting in to the car, I said my usual "good morning" and then just kind of asked aloud if the name was okay. I pushed the start button in the usual way and it didn't start - I took that as a "no". I know that I probably just didn't time the foot/finger thing correctly, but still, I'm not taking any chances. :D

Welcome! Aren't these cars just so much fun???

12. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am alive today because i was wearing my seat belt in my 1954 Plymouth when it ended up in on it's side (driver's side down) in a ditch with the driver's door open (they didn't have very good latches back then) in 1956. Seat belts were aftermarket items then and i had them in my car.

Moral to the story: WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT and you won't be bothered by the beep.

13. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wont get into a wear or not wear your selt belt discussion..I turned the beep off so I dont hear the beep anymore you wear your seat belt you dont hear it ...Problem solved for both of us..

14. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    By the way, I do have my reverse beep turned off. Have a nice day and enjoy your new car. I love mine.:)

15. techiechick

techiechick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just got mine yesterday! Whoo hoo!!

One of my buddies dubbed it "The Electric Slide" and it stuck!