1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got mine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by densaer, Jan 2, 2005.

1. densaer

densaer New Member

Santa came a day or few late for me. I'd been on several dealer lists since November, but on New Year's Eve I got a call from Brian at Toyota Town in Stockton, CA. A Silver/Grey #6 had suddenly become available! Would I want to take it? (BTW, I recommend working with Brian McIntosh - he's a good guy!)

Well, I'd originally wanted a black or blue car, but hey, the silver wasn't bad.

So I drove up from San Jose up to Stockton yesterday to take delivery. My drive back home (102 miles) gave me 46.2 MPG on the highway, which is reasonably close to the EPA estimated 51 MPG. Everything works fine, and I was able to sync up my Sony Ericsson T68i after a little difficulty (this issue is documented in the Knowledge Base - I didn't know it at the time, but stumbled into the fix accidentally on my own)

So I've been reading FAQs on how to maximize MPG. We'll see how this goes, but I'm quite pleased so far!

Gripes thus far (minor):
    1. The annoying beep while in reverse. Can it be disabled? If there's an FAQ for this, please point me to it!
    2. Every time I start the car, I have to OK the disclaimer for the NAV system. Can't I just OK it once and never get bothered by it again?
    3. Can someone now clue me on the secret Prius-owner handshake? :)

2. tag

tag Senior Member

3. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yup, as far as the reverse beep goes:

http://priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=7

I don't believe there's a solution for the "OK" on the Nav system yet, although some owners have suggested keeping the Nav computer powered continually (which may drain the small 12v battery too much though).

Don't know if there's a secret handshake, the best thing I've found is to look for the grin on someone's face when you hear a regular car's starter motor grinding away to turn the engine over, or the subtle smirk as you watch other people wasting their gas and money with vehicles idling at stoplights :)

Dave.

4. densaer

densaer New Member

Thanks to the both of you regarding the reverse beep thing - I've printed out the instructions and I'm off to try 'em out.

5. densaer

densaer New Member

It works. The only thing I'd point out in the procedure that "shifting back to park" means pressing the "park" button - as soon as I realized that, it worked like a champ.