1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got my '05 silver prius #6!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mark_amdg, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mark_amdg

mark_amdg Junior Member

Yeah, so after two years of research and interest in the Toyota Prius, I finally bought one yesterday. It is the exact same color as my '02 IS300 (MSM) (it was the only color left), and I got it for MSRP (27,142 or something like that). Came with package #6 and the accessories package. I'm so excited. Today, i averaged around 50 mpg, and I know I will improve later because I am simply getting used to the hybrid feel. The hybrid has totally blew me away. I loved it and am obsessed with it. It is far better than my IS300 with its 18 mpg.

The best thing about it is that I didn't have to be placed on a waiting list, nor did I get that mark-up that California dealers are doing. Thanks to a family friend (who happens to be the fleet manager of Cerritos Toyota) and a bit of a competitive edge, he was able to get me the prius for sticker price. I felt horrible (ok, not really) about it though because 3 other people were looking at it (in fact, the 3 others had just test driven it and were in the process of signing papers, even with the 3k markup!!!). But, it all came down to the heirarchy of power at the dealership, lol.

I already turned in my CA HOV Sticker application this morning, and I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO DRIVE SOLO ON THE CARPOOL LANE! I commute about 35 miles / day through the hellish traffic that is L.A. and it will save me at least an hour each way. THANK GOD.

Anyway, thanks to priuschat and the many good critiques therein i was able to solidify my choice on a prius. Now I'm a freaking prius owner! WoOhOO!

I was also considering the '06 but I couldn't wait any longer. I was put on a waiting list at Longo Toyota but I was #200 or something... meaning, I would get my prius by March '06 -- too long from now! I had to just buy it NOW! lol

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    And you got the right color!!
    :D
    WoOhOO indeed!

3. clongwor

clongwor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! I never would have been able to wait for an '06. It was bad enough waiting 2 months for my '05.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome! Share your knowledge as you learn. Ask questions. No shortage of experts here! :rolleyes:

Walked right in off the street and got it, eh? Amazing.

Congrats.

Jack