1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got my license plate frame in. :)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mrpcar, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you guys think of my new license plate frame?

[​IMG]

ahmeow likes this.
  2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Those stupid enough to laugh at the mere thought of a Prius, won't believe you own a Ferrari.

TwoUnderPar, MandyTee and Mrpcar like this.
  3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's good. Unfortunately, there's still lots of people laughing at Prius.

Mrpcar likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I wonder if people in Woodside, CA drive around in a Prius with vanity plates "Don't laugh I'm A Facebook Billionaire "

Mrpcar likes this.
  5. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Anti-Eco Company Car

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    if it makes you happy :rolleyes:

xPETEx and JMD like this.
  6. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    lol this 1% humor ... wait I dont get it. (I saw this thread hours ago and its been bothering me so here it goes)
    Seriously, I know OP doesnt mean any harm but the message is kind of bad.
    Is it suggesting that those without backup ferrari's should be laughed at? Is it to suggest op is driving a prius because of some kind of concern over gas mileage or enviormental footprint OH wait JK has something to cancel it out?

Its almost like going into a neighborhood that was washed out by sandy and putting a sign in the yard saying "lulz this was only my summer home", not that a prius is a washed out sandy home but it conveys the same type of message.

The majority on this site drive prius because they like prius
    grats on the good fortune and frame but consider for a moment: why do people buy prius and is this really the message.

MandyTee and xPETEx like this.
  7. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Warren Buffet one of the wealthiest people in America drove a station wagon for over 10 years when his peers had chauffeurs and a stable of cars.

My take is cars depreciate in value. However a nice home in a wealthy zip code and a well managed stock portfolio may be a better investment. In 20 years the house and portfolio will be worth more than you paid but the car will be long gone.

Sure we all have our vices, some more expensive than others.

8. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You made some good points from your perspective, but I have a completely different perspective. Here is the truth, there are tons of negative stigma that comes along with owning a Prius or just being seen in a Prius. I originally bought the car for fun, just another toy to screw around with. Not for environmental nor cost saving reasons. But soon after we bought the car we became very impressed with the hybrid technology and found that we were able to drive "almost" for free. When you are coming from 13 MPG fill ups, getting 40 MPG is like driving for free.

I believe majority of "other" drivers on the road associate Prius drivers as another recent post described. "smug" Also associate them with being slow, incapable drivers with terrible driving skills. It is what it is, I don't need to beat a dead horse anymore on that subject. Here is my perspective regarding the message on the frame. The message says, yes I know you folks laugh at a Pruis but it's ok to own a Prius as your other transportation even for a Ferrari owner. It's just as fun even if you own a Ferrari. I think this sends a different message to an entirely different group of car owners that otherwise would never associate a Ferrari owner to actually also own and drive a Prius. So this message actually helps "other" car owners become open minded and consider buying a Prius. So in the long run I am actually helping with Prius sales. :)

In addition, I drive fairly fast in the Prius. Not just going from one block to another, straight line acceleration jack rabbit take offs. But fast through twisty roads, roads that require somewhat of skill to manage. In any case cars behind me that can't keep up will wonder how is it possible that a Prius can out drive them. (Again, not car issue but driver and owner issue) So when they see the message on the frame they would understand, oh this is nor your average Prius owner here. So the car is actually quit capable in the right hands, so again this would open up their minds about taking a look at a Prius.

Again, like I said. The message would tailor to a completely different group of folks, folks most traditional Prius owners wouldn't want to do anything with.

P.S. Ever makes anyone wonder why when someone see a fast Prius on the road they video tape it and upload it to youtube? Because it's an exciting sighting.

This is the group of folks I am tailoring and referring to, most of them would never consider buying a Prius but next time when they see me show up at the next car meet with one they would ask a lot of questions. Or even considering buying one, well... might take more than one car meet.
    Toyota PRIUS with a Flowmaster Muffler (Hippie Support Vehicle for the Married Hot Rodder) - YouTube

Tracksyde and -1- like this.
  9. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Also because he is not a car guy, cars don't excite him like would to others. His enjoyment in life is to be able to make the right prediction and make a lot of money. I know a lot of people who's hobby is to make money, and are very wealthy. But they are very boring people.

10. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think it would be better to put a plate on a Ferrari saying "Don't hate, my other car is a Prius" ;)

TwoUnderPar, rogerv, Chris S and 3 others like this.
  11. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Perhaps Buffet is not a car guy because he knows they just drop in value. I don't know buffet maybe he collects double malt Scotch and vacation homes.

12. xPETEx

xPETEx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Now THAT'S funny! :D and believable. The OP's frame makes him look insecure in his Prius and if people see it I suspect they won't believe it and just laugh at him.

13. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You would only feel insecure if the Prius is the only thing you can afford. Definitely not an insecure thing for me, just like to be wacky. Because I can.

14. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Actually not an bad idea, thanks!

15. xPETEx

xPETEx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    No, I get it, I don't mean to offend you. What I meant is that's how I would take it if I were a non-Prius owner and just saw it on the road without knowing you.

16. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think it just a matter of where you put your money, some people collect cars and others companies.

17. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Because just by looking at the way I drive they would know I am not your "regular Prius owner"

18. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe it's me but I don't present myself by letting people know my assets and liabilities I.e. my other car is a Ferrari

My friend used to say man you got it all house on the beach and a portfolio that would be the envy of most, vacation home. I'd say sure but that not who I am but what I own.

But heck wish I had all those cars except when the Geico bill comes in :) hey god bless enjoy the plate

Mrpcar likes this.
  19. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Also come to think of it, I have a pretty nicely decked out Prius so it's actually believable.

20. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am in LA a 3 model old Ferrari is hardly a show off. For me the frame is more of a ":p" statement. LOL!