1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got my Nautical Blue 14!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BXhowell, Aug 3, 2014.

1. BXhowell

BXhowell New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello All,

Exciting times for dorks like me. Although I'm not a hyper miler, I can't stop playing the game with the damn dashboard data; MPG's specifically. We are less than half way into tank one, and I'm averaging 53mgp, and a bit of that is climbing some hills here in Colorado. I've always been a major car geek; hell I've even been published a couple times (my wife frames the articles), but of all the cars I've owned, the Prius intrigues me the most. I had a Jetta TDI Sportwagen a couple years back, and although it was more fun to drive and a bit quicker off the line, it didn't sound like a rocket ship (my son's words) when we pulled it into the garage. In all seriousness, I'm hitting between 65-80 MPG with the air on without too much effort. Is this normal? I do understand how to feather the throttle, coast and glide etc, but I haven't seen less than 50 mpg on a trip yet; short or long.

The funny thing is that I came damn near to buying a new Honda Fit. We test drove it, and I couldn't get beyond the noise, and it was much less attractive when seeing it close up. Anyway, we are loving the Prius, and thinking of trading our van for another. I drive about 2500 miles a month, and the gas savings with just one of our cars will be $200 a month.

Sorry for the rant, but looking forward to corresponding with other car geeks like myself.

jgilliam1955 likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats, completely normal, ain't it great? all the best!(y)

3. Art Imagire

Art Imagire New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow! 60-80 mpg...you must really be light on the gas pedal...if you try to drive that way here in California, you'll get run over!!!

4. EvaFlorida

EvaFlorida New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations on your new Prius! Isn't the gas mileage wonderful? It really is like a game watching the average on the display and how your driving affects it. I'm consistently getting over 60 mpg on my commute. The slower the traffic the better it is! Enjoy :)