1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got my new 08! Now what?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jamesrm, May 1, 2008.

1. jamesrm

jamesrm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :eyebrows: Just got my new 08 Blue Prius with package 5 near Nashville TN. The dealership near me had JUST got the car in when I saw it online. I requested a quote online, basically saying I don't mind waiting and whoever wants to give me the best deal gets my business. The manager of the store called me back and said, since it was the end of the month and he REALLY wanted a sale, I could come NOW and get if for -150 MSRP (Most places around here want +1000). So, I show up and another couple is test driving it :mad: Thankfully, they wanted a black one, so I take it for a spin and LOVE IT. When we got back, 2 other couples were waiting a test drive, a test drive they didnt get :eyebrows:

Its great, I love it, what are the "must have" equipment and tweaks for max fuel efficiancy and keeping it looking the best?

Thanks!

2. leftie1277

leftie1277 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    just read around the forums for tips on improving MPG..

I got my 08 about a month ago...must need's for me

-Tinted windows (aftermarket)
    -Sirius Satellite Radio

3. dprice23

dprice23 D-Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome! Getting max FE probably has more to do with how you drive than with equipment and tweaks. Here's a great article on what hypermiling (driving for max FE) is all about:

Beating the EPA - The Why’s and how to Hypermile. - CleanMPG Forums

Here's an article on the Pulse and Glide and Warp Stealth techniques for getting max FE during non-highway driving:

Pulse and Glide plus Warp Stealth in the Prius II for maximum FE … - CleanMPG Forums

Here's a post describing some highway techniques:

http://priuschat.com/forums/fuel-economy/38590-highway-driving-prius-ii.html

One piece of equipment that would definitely help is the ScanGauge II, which gives you a lot of info you don't get with the MFD (multi-function display):

ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fuel economy principles:

- Accelerate briskly. The engine is most efficient under substantial load.
    - Gliding (no arrows on the energy display) is better than coasting.
    - Coasting is better than braking.
    - Braking is better than stopping.
    - Stopping is better than crashing :_>
    - Never use "B", except to avoid riding the brake (for example, when coming down a really long slope)

Must-have equipment:
    - tire gauge.
    - if you have to park in the Sun, a custom Sunshade for the windshield.
    - if you wash it at home, Mr. Clean Autodry system.