1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got my new Prius III yesterday...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by My2ndPrius, Dec 7, 2009.

1. My2ndPrius

My2ndPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi I'm new to this forum too. I just got my new Black Prius III with nav yesterday. I traded in my 06 Prius :( with 145K on it...which I miss a lot. Didn't want to let it go but had too much miles on it. Brought it off the lot with only 1 mile on it...I was told that it arrived on the 2nd of December.

I think I had a great deal on the car. The out the door price I paid was about $27,400 for those shopping for a new Prius. Can't wait to drive it more and be more involve in this forum.

Thanks.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!!

145,000 miles? That's nothing for a Toyota! If it hasn't cost you much in repairs, how is it "too many miles"??

Anyway, enjoy the new one!!

3. My2ndPrius

My2ndPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Tideland.

It was 145,000 trouble free miles. To me that was a lot of miles but I guess there are people with a lot more. I was afraid of future troubles ahead, especially the battery. Didn't want to risk my battery dieing on me so I upgraded.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The battery should be fine. Taxis do up to 100,000 miles a year and the oldest one we have is a 2001. Gen 2, we have a handful of 2004-2005s. Most are 2006-2009s. 2010s are starting to show up.

Glad to hear it was trouble-free!