1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Got My Prius III

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by frank502, May 5, 2010.

1. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III
    After much shopping around for much longer than I care to admit, I finally came around to purchasing a Prius III with NAV. The car is pearl white, with gray fabric, and it was the color that finally sold me -- ain't that silly. The sales man who sold me the vehicle came recommended to me, and it is my belief that I was only moderately screwed, some of which was my own fault because I was enthralled by the keyless option.

I did get two years/24K worth of service.

As for the vehicle, after 24 hours so far so good. I'm still trying to get accustom to the driving experience, which is considerably different than my '97 Lexus with its beefy power. The NAV computer is fairly intimidating, but I expect reading the owner's manual will give me a road map for understanding its functions & how to best operate it. I own a handheld Garmin and I assume the programming and routing is all similar.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase.

As for the Nav, my recommendation is to take the time to study the Nav manual and make sure you understand the different settings and preferences. Some of the explanations in the manual are not that clear and I had to try a few of them to understand and set them the way that I wanted them.

Some on here that have had a Garmin are disappointed in the Nav. The Nav has some restrictions that the Garmin does not, like making changes while driving.

Once I had mine set up the way that I wanted it, I have no problems with mine. I really enjoy having the built in Nav versus the external mounted Garmin.

3. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III
    Thank your for the welcome. I'm sure I will be satisfied with the performance of the NAV system.

4. Prowler

Prowler Newbie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    congratulations on your new purchase

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: and congrats! you can't get screwed with a prius!;)

6. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III
    set up my iphone and bluetooth easily enough. loaded my address book up to NAV system. wow!

can't seem to get my ipod working via a USB on the auxiliary function of NAV -- system is not recognizing the ipod and vice versa -- it's not an apple cable and it's an older ipod -- i'm gonna try a different cable tomorrow. any other ideas?

7. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats and welcome to Pchat.

8. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III
    Okay, got may iphone working with the USB connection. G Love sounded grand while I was running errands.

9. DyeLooper

DyeLooper New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got my III yesterday w/Nav, still learning the ropes.

10. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III

congrats ... anything you learn please feel free to share.

i discovered how to import play lists into NAV from iphone and that USB system doesn't allow you to search your playlists when the car is in drive -- apparently the full scrolling function is disabled.

also made a brief highway excursion that was amazing ... the jbl sound system rips.

11. p3fan

p3fan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats!! I just got mine this am!

BTW: The Nav works so much better than my wife's Honda Pilot and has a few features that I like better than my BMW's nav.

I still haven't gotten the USB to work correctly with my IPOD, I am currently using my BMW adapter which is probably the problem.