1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got offered an 05'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by roach52osu, Dec 26, 2005.

1. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I just got a call from my dealer offering me a choice of a white or driftwood 05' BC (nav package) Prius. I was told if I did not want them I would probably be on the list for another 2-3 months. I guess I will be waiting another 2-3 months, at least I know they are still watching my order. <sigh> Just hoping I made a good decision but it did reinfect me with PAS.

2. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I feel with the amount of money you'll be spending, you should get what you want or very close to what you want. Neither of those two choices fit that description. I think you made a wise decision and your wait shouldn't create any problems for qualifying for the $3K deduction.

A few years from now, the trade-in value between a 05 and and 06, even though you could by them a month apart, will be significant, just because you have a model year younger.

glen

3. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Thanks Glen, your response makes me feel quite a bit better about my decision to continue the wait for what I want.

Thanks,

4. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The features on the 06 are worth it too.

5. Springtime

Springtime Member

Dealers are trying to unload their 2005's and they can be had for a substantial discount off of MSRP in my area. Had I waited for a 2006 I could not have afforded pkg #7 and would have had to settle for pkg #6 without NAV. As it turns out I was able to get a 2005 pkg #6 with NAV for less than the cost of a 2006 pkg #6 without NAV. And of course I am waiting until 1/2/06 to take delivery and qualify for the $3150 fed tax credit.

So, by taking a 2005 I actually got a lot more for my money than if I had purchased a 2006 in my price range.

Had I decided to take the 2006 pkg#6 I found that once my local dealer knew I was looking at four dealers and who could give me the best price - he was willing to go below MSRP (by $347) to keep the sale. I actually took the 2005 with a much steeper discount off of MSRP. (He traded with another dealer to get me the pkg and color I wanted.)

When all is said and done the total price for my 2005 pkg #6 (including tax, tags and 1 yr financing) less various tax credits and rebates will be less than $24K.

So, if someone is looking at a 2006 pkg#6 or below you may be able to get more car for your money if you are willing to take a 2005 and are good at negotiating to get the car at well below MSRP.

Springtime

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't have any problem waiting a few extra months for the new and improved MFD alone. :)