1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just got the Sony T608 BT phone to work including book.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Steve Goldenberg, May 8, 2004.

1. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just used it for one call but looks good so far. I have to load the phone with my full phone book but the first 10 numbers were in the Prius. Still not sure if I can use the 3 minute discoverable option or have to leave BT on all the time. Will post full results ina few days. I got it working on Verizon instead of Sprint which was the real challange.

2. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Way to go Steve! I'm impressed.

I'm so tempted to go this route ... I'm looking forward to hearing what your results look like.

Did you purchase the T608 from letstalk without a plan?

If I follow you I'll be keeping my existing phone, and just using this one in the car, as I'm pretty happy with my pda/phone except for the lack of bluetooth.

3. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I bought the T608 on E-Bay with the MSL# to switch it to Verizon which has much better coverage in my area. I just followed the included instructions to disconnect my old phone and replace it with the 608.
    If I need a PDA, I'd switch to ATT and get a Sony 900 or Sprint and get a Treo 600. I have an H-P Jornada which I use only on trips for GPS, E-mail, contacts but the new Prius has GPS, appointments etc. right in the display so I'm covered unless I'm in a rental car and take the H-P.

4. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    How is the 608 -- reception seem as good as your previous phone?
    Are you happy with the results with respect to call quality in the car?

Oh, sorry, I know you said you'd post a full report in a few days! I just can only drive so much, you see, and the bluetooth phone options open to me (as a happy Verizon customer) is what I obsess over the rest of the time.

5. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    P.S. Sony 900 seems to have problems with Prius or vice versa, and Treo 600 doesn't have bluetooth. Just to avoid confusion for other readers.

(If Treo 610 turns out to have BT when released, I'll buy it, otherwise I'm thinking of getting the Sony T608 and adding it as a second phone just for the car. Then the Kyocera 7135 can remain my main phone/pda until something better shows up (if GSM is better by the time it's release, maybe Motorola MPX? Anyway ...)