1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just how many grocery bags fill the back? Well...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Apr 2, 2012.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sunday is my grocery day and it was the first time using my C for the trip. I was wondering if I'd be able to fit all my bags into the back of the car. I had 7 bags of groceries today.

Well, it didn't fit 7, but it fit 6 PERFECTLY! And the bags were filled! I maybe could have squeezed one more in, but I just put the 7th in the backseat.

All I can say is I'm very impressed. This little car really fits more in the back than anyone would really guess judging from the outside. I guess the way the backseats are at an angle, it makes for more room.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Is that the cargo net in your pic? Is it being used at all to hold your groceries?

3. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ohh no no. Sorry if it looked that way. I've been using the cargo net when I have 1 or 2 bags that I don't want tipping over. Since the back was filled with 6 bags, I didn't need the net but I left it hanging ;)

4. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    nice pic. I should take one today. lol I bought a lot of drink today.

couple packs of water ,soda and soy mike from costco. they are quite heavy and I can feel it when I head back home, but no problem at all. :)

I think you can put 17 bags there if you fold down the back seat.

5. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is exactly the kind of information that's useful to real-world potential buyers versus reading reviews. Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  6. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was able to fit in four medium size uhaul boxes, two small size boxes, a golf bag, a weed whacker, two big duffels, a large tower fan (not circular), and a massive hiking backpack in my C today. I was able to see through the window with negligible impact of cargo interfering with my field of vision, did not have anything approaching the roof, and did not have anything in the front seat.

I was PLEASANTLY surprised with what I could fit back there.

I would like to PACK it just to see how much can actually fit for the hell of it.

1 person likes this.