1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just in from WV with new toy! What a drive home!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aarons12, Jun 20, 2004.

1. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

Well, i'm happy to report that i made it home without incident, in spite of the fact that it will be months before i can stop playing with the nav/info screens. i'm surprised i didn't have an accident while i was trying to watch where the energy was going!!

anyway, the whole thing went great, though as some others have experienced, my gas mileage on the way back was only in the low 40's. however that probably had a lot to do with driving through the mountains of WV and PA.

more impressions to follow, kinda tired after driving 615 miles since a little after 4 this afternoon. got home about 2:15 a.m.... whew!

2. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

ill be driving 415 miles on tuesday to go pick up my new prius! :D

3. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Woohoo! Congrats Aaron :)
    Toes OK?

4. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hehe.. toes are fine. back hurts just a bit from sitting all day in plane and cars

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

Congrats! Driving the long trips in both the mountains and the flatlands can be tough on the mileage. You'll only go up from here! :)

-m.

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Glad to hear you made it back safely, and that you have your obligations in the correct order:

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

8. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

actually if i was really determined, i could have logged onto priuschat with the blazer browser on my treo300 and posted right from there, no wi fi needed.

but i was having too much fun zooming in and out on the nav screen, looking for all the restaurants and gas stations!

9. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    but i was having too much fun zooming in and out on the nav screen, looking for all the restaurants and gas stations![/quote]

No wonder your mileage was low, with all those frequent stops and continuous weight gain. Congrats on your car. Isn't it fun to already know so much about it before you even got it?

10. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

No wonder your mileage was low, with all those frequent stops and continuous weight gain. Congrats on your car. Isn't it fun to already know so much about it before you even got it?[/quote]

actually, i didn't stop at most but it was fascinating to look! in fact, i just started weightwatchers online last week and i managed to go the whole way back without blowing my diet. let's hear it for subway's veggie delite sub!

it was just cool to watch the nav screen change all the time. the only problem i had for the first hundred miles or so was that the dealer had programmed in their location as destination #1. so it took me a while to figure out why the damn nav was trying to get me to get off at every exit and head back the other way!!