1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just installed Coastal EV mod but..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PriusJedi77, Sep 17, 2007.

1. PriusJedi77

PriusJedi77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I installed it correctly just as the instructions said, but no matter what whenever I hold that cruise control back for 2 seconds it says "ev mode cannot be done" or whatever it is that it says...Ive had the AC off, been under 34, let the car warm up..Been at a stop, been at speed, had AC on..Ive tried it in every possible way but no matter what It wont work...My battery is at near full charge as well. Could anyone enlighten me?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your best bet is to try it immediately after going into "READY" from a cold start. So, foot on brake, power, as soon as "READY" appears pull back on the stalk for 2-3 seconds and then wait.

If you still get an EV deny then something weird is going on (assuming battery SOC is below 7 bars).

There are a number of things that prevent EV...some of which I've never been able to figure out. But if you're getting a message that EV has been denied that suggests that the mod is working properly and that for some reasons conditions aren't acceptible for EV mode.

3. PriusJedi77

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 17 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]514093[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the reply. I just tried that and it still doesnt work :( ..My last service was a few days ago and the stupid stealership forgot to flip off my MAINTAINENCE REQUIRED light..Could that have anything to do with it? (Is there any easy way to shot off this light?)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, it doesn't have anything to do with it. To turn off the maint light just hold down the ODO button while you start up, you'll see a few flashes on the dashboard ODO and it will return to normal...then you're reset for another 4500 miles.

Ok, let's back up with the EV thing.
    Put the MFD on the Consumption screen...or any screen besides the ENERGY screen. When you pull back the CC stalk do you get a beep or triple beep and the screen changes to the Energy screen? If YES, then the EV mod is definately working properly and conditions are not right. If there is no beep and no change of screen then it's not connected properly or is malfunctioning.

IF you don't get the beeps/screen change the first thing to do is to recheck your wire taps...by far the most common problem is that those taps are not making good contact. Next check the pin in #27 of the ECU plug...make sure it is well seated...if there's any metal sticking above the plastic it isn't in far enough and won't work...you've gotta get it shoved deeper in there.

Test again. If still not working then it's possible the unit is faulty...I know of only one other case of that happening, but it's possible.

5. PriusJedi77

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 17 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]514108[/snapback]</div>
    Wow dude, thanks for all this input :)

Ill be sure to give what you said a try tomorrow.

6. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusJedi77 @ Sep 18 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]514083[/snapback]</div>
    My bet is your HV battery was too warm(above 46C).
    Try it again early in the morning when it is cold.
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=14582&st=1

Ken@Japan