1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just installed new 12v battery, now get "Problem" and yellow triangle on screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by meyou, Apr 29, 2011.

1. meyou

meyou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    plus red triangle of death on the display

I replaced the battery because I was getting the red triangle with no screen powerup. This is a slight improvement but I'm stuck as to what the "Problem" indicator on the MFD is about.

I've checked the battery in maintenance mode, reading 12.6V.

I found similar threads with no reply, so I don't have too high of hopes for this one :(

While in this state, I can't shift into gear but it WILL shift into neutral. Before replacing the battery I couldn't get it out of park and the lights/windows/etc seemed to indicate low power.

2. meyou

meyou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I fiddled with it for awhile and it's miraculously working now. Not quite sure what fixed it. I moved the orange HV switch behind the back seat to a different position and the car would start and let me shift into gear, even though the "Problem" + yellow triangle were present (the red triangle was gone for this)

Then I turned the car off and back on, and all warning lights were gone and it runs as normal now. Perhaps this will help others with the same issue.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The orange traction battery interlock switch needs to be locked into place. Apparently someone (perhaps you?) had messed around with the switch earlier.

4. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Was the new battery charged?

5. meyou

meyou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes

6. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You basically rebooted the system when you changed the 12V, sometimes a additional 2-3 restart cycles are needed to bring all the computers into line again. It often happens. :D

maleko likes this.