1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just JOINED the growing group!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by editor4tv, May 27, 2007.

1. editor4tv

editor4tv New Member

Hello All! I have been on the site many times in my research of this great vehicle and I am glad to report that when I finally got to a dealership... I knew more than THEY did about their own car thanks to all of the topics on this vast site! I just got myself a, '07 Base + Pkg #5 and I think I got myself a great deal. Was prepped to buy but decided on a lease at the last moment in hopes that the 09' or '10 models will be even more efficient.

Got the bluetooth phone active right there and transferred my phonebook in the sales lot! (thanks for posting the great instructions). Also, followed the simple mod to get rid of the "reverse beep."

I look forward to reading and posting on the site to pass along anything new I learn.

Anyone shopping in the NY Long Island Area... I highly recommend Westbury Toyota. They were a pleasure to deal with even though I raked them over the coals a bit. Wound up getting a color I never intended but it grew on my quickly. Originally wanted Barcelona Red or Seaside Pearl, but went with the GREEN in the end. It was the only one they had that was rigged the way I wanted. Wouldn't go for the blue because it had the leather and that was just too much $$$$.

See you all around! (you might not HEAR me coming if I'm in stealth mode....)

editor4tv

2. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations. Had mine since December.

3. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ May 27 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]450816[/snapback]</div>
    I just joined as well! The 2005 Prius we traded for yesterday made us a 100% hybrid family. I've had a 2000 Insight since 2004 that now has 151,000 miles. It has saved me over $10,000 in fuel versus driving my 01 Nissan Frontier to work. The Frontier was traded in Thursday night for a new Honda Civic Hybrid for my son to drive this summer.
    I test drove the Prius Wednesday night and really liked it. I drove the Civic later that night and had the Frontier with me. The Honda dealer gave me a smoking deal I couldn't refuse! I convinced my wife to test drive the Prius Saturday. We ended up trading her 04 Solara convertible for the Prius for $142.10. The fee for license, title and $58 doc fee. In one week, we have drastically reduced our fuel bill and emissions.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations to you both, editor4tv and msirach! Welcome to PriusChat.

5. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    3 weeks only here, HOLLAH BACK! :)

Welcome to all of us.