1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

just looking for some expert opinions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yes.ittransforms, Feb 6, 2011.

1. yes.ittransforms

yes.ittransforms 100K!!!!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well Well Well, It finally happen. I went and got a smart phone and now I realize my car has no AUX input option. You would think common place on a 2007, 20K + car, as even my government truck has one! Anyways can someone let me know if the GROM-CLR-TOY will work with my base 2007 prius? All I ahve for input selections is FM, AM, DISC, and SCAN. Just want to be sure it has the plug in the back required for this unit. I hve attached a link below. It is also on clearance if anyone else is interested. Also I dont ahve a IPOD so I think the DICE on the priuschat shop would be more than I need.

CLEARANCE: Toyota/Lexus/Scion Auxiliary Adapter

Thanks for your time,
    John

2. yes.ittransforms

yes.ittransforms 100K!!!!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    WOW I am going to write HAVE 100 TIMES till I get it correct! HAHA

3. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Our 2007 has an AUX port on inside of the front of the center console.
    Not sure if it is there in all packages or not.

4. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    To be clear, are you trying to connect the phone for speakerphone purpose (?) or to play music? If the former, you would probably want to consider a bluetooth earpiece instead, but if the latter (as I suspect), then you would probably be better of with a FM transmitter instead. Plug & play, easy & cheap.

As for availability of AUX in, I know it was available in 2007 (I have it on my 2006), but I think it only came with the 6-disc changer (i.e. not the base radio).

Hope that helps.