1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

just noticed under the driver's seat......

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by taggart, Jul 31, 2008.

1. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ........that there are two flat ducts(?) protruding from the floor and pointing towards that back seat. I didn't look to see if they were also under the passenger seat, because I found that penny I dropped.

What are they? ac/heater? Something else?

2. kohnen

kohnen Grumpy, Cranky Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Heater ducts.

If you have the Nav option, the DVD drive is under the driver's seat.

If you have the better sound option, the amplifier is under the front passenger's seat.

3. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

BE CAREFUL under the seats. I received a puncture wound while retrieving a golf ball under driver seat. Not sure what caused it but am VERY careful now.
    Carl

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, good advice!

There's a lot of sharp metal under there --- brackets, rails, seat springs, hog rings.

People are always getting cut up under there, often while trying to install seat covers.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That comes from the Seat Snark. North American Prius ship with a nasty little carnivorous reptile that lives under the driver's seat. The more expensive models also have one under the passenger's seat. If you look under there (do it carefully!) you will see the little houses that are supplied for them. Each has an attached wiring harness for climate control, lighting, and entertainment system. The entertainment system generally keeps them happy and out of trouble, but if you go poking around with your hands they can get cheeky and bite.

Tom

6. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    One would think that they would keep mice out, but from some of the posts, they aren't doing that.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is a point. Maybe I'm going to have to stir them up a bit and get them back to work. A three foot stick works well for that.

Tom

8. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thats the heater/ac vents. When you select the third button over in the ac panel the one that has arrows pointing at your face & feet it throws the air in the back via those vents. They are in that bulbous panel under the radio.