1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just ordered a front end mask for my 2006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by stanleyjohn, Nov 21, 2006.

1. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just found a web site selling a front end mask at a good price.
    http://www.autobarn.net/lebfronendco.html#shipcalc
    Its custom made by Le Bra at web site Auto Barn.It lists the same part no.for 2005-2007!so thinking its all the same.Dont know if its the same that toyota sells (diff part no.)but for 79$ and free shipping ill give it a try.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Definitely let us know if it works out! i want one so badly...

3. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    On eBay, Deland Toyota in FL, is selling a Toyota Prius Front Mask for the 06, and it's a different part number than the 04-05 masks. It's also more money than at AutoBarn, $122 shipped.

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Please, please please let us know if it fits!!! I've been waiting for one for my 2006 for months now..............

5. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Update! Myself and others are anxious to see if this front end mask will work.It has been ordered today and im hoping to get it within a week.After i recieve i will try soon after to install!If successfull i will take pictures.Ether way ill let others here know if it works.Hang in there!!! :) PS For only 79$ its worth the risk.

6. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

Put the Toyota one on my 2006 a few weeks ago. Search for a previous post and check the part
    number. There is a different part number (ending in something like 050??) that is sometimes listed as a
    2006. It is different from the 2005 version but it does not fit the 2006. However it was fairly easy to
    remove the lower lip and install the mask. The only other issue was that the elastric straps were slightly shorter than I would have liked. I have no idea if this was because mine was a 2006 of what but I needed a lot of effort to stretch the straps.

7. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Nov 21 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]352446[/snapback]</div>
    Please let me know if it fits your 06 because the 05 and 06 have different front wheel well fasteners the mask needs to anchor to. Toyota dealers and eBay sellers are selling the 05 mask also for 06's but it does not fit the 06 unless it is overstretched and applied incorrectly. The Toyota 05 mask being sold as an 06 mask is PT218-47050. In fact, the instructions in the PT218-47050 box says it fits the 05. So if your mask is designed for an 05 it may not also fit an 06 since those models are different. If it fits I will purchase one too.

8. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Update! Mask was backordered! Shipping date now 12/01.Looks like installation will be around mid dec.ill most likely put my snow tires on then also.Very mild so far around here but i know that will change.

9. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Well, it may even be more difficult in much colder weather to get it one properly. Its been mild here in the mountains as well. Lows in the 20's and 30's overnight, but the last few days have been in the 50's.... Not bad for the end of November (when we usually have snow on the ground)....

Anyway, please keep us posted when you get it in. If it fits, or you can make it fit without much trouble or modification, I plan on ordering one the day after you post. Thanks for the update!! :D :D

10. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Ed @ Nov 23 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]353403[/snapback]</div>

Not sure that your info is correct. Yes the 05 mask is being sold for 06's. I have one and installed it. I did not
    see any issue with the wheel well fasteners. I did point out that I had to remove the lip and then add it back
    after installing the mask. This does not overstretch it....

11. Mia

Mia New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just an FYI. I too want the front end mask and almost bought it before I even took possession of my Prius but, am now glad I didn't rush. When I asked Toyota about the mask for the '07, they told me that the headlights are slightly different from the '06. Kind of bummed as I was really looking forward to having it installed so, should anyone find where you can purchase a mask for the '07, please be so kind as to post.

While we're on the subject of mods, has anyone had their windows tinted? I have a barcelona red and think it would mint with tinted windows.

12. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    yeah, the red really looks nice with tinted windows. there are several pics in the photos section that members have taken that look really good. I dont know how it would look withthe silver pine mica though, i don t have 'em yet. BUT I DO WANT THE BRA!!! I cant wait to see if his fits or not. I dont think one is out yet for the '07.

13. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Another Update! Bra on its way! Should be here monday.Hopefully ill have it installed next week or weekend.Wish i had it by now!Warm weather is over!will feel like winter with maybe some snow to go with it.

14. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Dec 1 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]356546[/snapback]</div>
    same here Stan.. our neighbors were calling it "Al Gore Summer" blaming the recent warm spell on global warming!! who knows? ? anyway, probably would have been an easier install to do while warm. I'm sure the Bra is more pliable when warm, may you could even heat it a bit in the clothes dryer? who knows... Good luck, and have a good weekend!!

15. claylady1

claylady1 New Member

Hey guys! I'm new to the chat room. I have an '05, Tideland pearl that I absolutely adore! I live in rural NH, so I'm psyched to see how the LeBra front end cover works out, esp. since it's so much cheaper than the Toyota brand. By the way, you can find it even cheaper at www.formyauto.com. Just search under "front end covers" and click on the LeBra icon. Then you can select your vehicle make, model, and year. They're selling it for 59.99, and with shipping (to NH) the total is $67.14. Just thought you guys might want to know that in case this takes off! Also, anybody know where to get an all-weather rubber floor mat for just the driver's side or front two seats? Thanks!

16. Rangerdavid

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(claylady1 @ Dec 4 2006, 05:57 AM) [snapback]357288[/snapback]</div>
    Have you tried:
    www.sigmaautomotive.com

17. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just recieved bra in the mail! Havent tryed! Most likely will wait untill the weekend.Im alittle worried about the temps.It says wax area first and apply mask with a temp of 70 or greater.I have a kerisine heater!will see if it will heat up garage to 70.(garage isnt insulated :( )Temps here in ct now are 30s and 40s days and teens/20s at night.They say 30 min to install! Ya i bet!!!!.I will start with the hood first!then the bumber.LeBra says this bra is for the 04-07 prius.If they took measurments back in 04 and assume no change then im most likely going to have problems with the air dam or they have some adjustment straps for that <_< .This may take some time!Hang in there.Any suggestions or help is welcome.

18. Ghostrider

Ghostrider New Member

The temperature is so the bra is more elastic. You can also warm it up in a dryer.

19. claylady1

claylady1 New Member

Has anyone had a front end cover on a car before? I just read someone saying that debris can get stuck between the car and the cover and the cover then acts like sandpaper, ruining the finish on the car. Is this true? :unsure:

20. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(claylady1 @ Dec 7 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]359029[/snapback]</div>
    yes that is true...also if it gets wet and left to stay on...it can also affect the finish of the vehicle under the bra. For these reasons and the fact that I just don't like have to put the darn thing on...i went with Ventureshield's clear bra and have been very pleased...