1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Ordered A New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by taz1967, Jan 4, 2008.

1. taz1967

taz1967 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi All
    Firstly Happy New Year to you all.

Now the real reason for the post. We just ordered a Brand New UK Spec T-Spirit in Black. We have opted for the standard Fabric seats, Should we have gone with the Leather Option?

We also got a Private Plate from the DVLA to go on it when we take delivery.

Cant wait to get it now.
    CHeers
    Gary

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I'm extremely pleased with the fabric seats. They wear well, clean easily, and aren't cold in sub-zero or butt burners at 100+.

3. taz1967

taz1967 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Cheers Don
    Thanks for the reply, Its good to know what people think of the different choices.

It was mainly the cleaning of the fabric seats that was my concern.

CHeers
    Gary

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't live in the UK, so I'm not sure I can help you with cleaning your cloth seats. We also have the cloth interior, and I was a little concerned, as well, though I do prefer not sitting on dead cow.
    I got the sample pack of 303 products, which was recommended by darelldd, and I have been really happy with them...
    ...like when a full cup of coffee attacked Dear Hubby whilst I was driving, and it got all over the seat, the door, and him. The 303 upholstery cleaner and spot remover took it right out... and, I even squirted a bit on a week-old chocolate mocha dribble on my side, and it rubbed right off, too.
    Here's the 303 website.

5. kayak99

kayak99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We would have bought leather seats had they come with seat warmers but since one cannot get a Prius with seat warmers we went with cloth. On a 6 degree(f) morning this week we felt we made a great decision!

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have had the fabric seats for the last four years and have had no problem with them. I feel that they have held up very well.

Congrats on your Prius and welcome to PriusChat!