1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just ordered a Prius with package #2

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by greentea39, May 9, 2007.

1. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

There seems to be lot more Priuses sitting in the dealer's lots these days.
    But it was difficult for me to find exactly the one I wanted. Some of them had too many options than I needed. I actually almost got a Silver Prius that was about to arrive at one of the dealerships in Dallas, TX. I signed for it and even put the downpayment but Silver only comes with the Gray interior. I really wanted the BEIGE interior because it feels warm and cozy. They were not very willing to but they let me order the one with the options I like. The salesman at the internet department initially told me it would take about 6 to 8 weeks.

Anyway, I ordered a Barcelona Red Prius with Beige interior, package #2, floor&cargo mat sets and auto-dimming mirror with the Homelink on May 3rd. Silver Prius had the mudguards and Vehicle Shield Package but instead, I got the mirror with homelink. I didn't want the mudguards they put at the port because the color is black and I thought it looked kind of cheap. (From what I saw in the Japanese Prius website, their mudguards are much more expensive but they are made of the same materials and the same colour of the car.)
    I usually have to look for the garage opener when I come home so I thought it would be very convinient to have the mirror with Homelink.

The salesman now told me it may arrive in the end of the month and I am very hoping that it will be arriving soon. I can hardly wait I have been checking on the Priuschat and anything about Prius now.

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Congrats Carrie on your New Prius , BTW you picked the best color Barcelona Red Metalic !!!!

Now you too can join the "Red Rocks Club" I guess I am biased since I too have the Barcelona Red pri.

So welcome to priuschat and hope you get the pri soooooon :)

3. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

Thank you Priussoris,

I think the Barcelona Red Metallic Prius is very very cute!! I have not seen one with this colour around here.
    I have seen white, silver pine mica, driftwood pearl and black, though.

BTW, what is Red Rocks Club?

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carrie @ May 9 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]438763[/snapback]</div>
    The red Rocks club is just a saying, but should become a real club for all the Red Prius owners it started out by just saying the color red rocks compared to the other color pri. But all the Pri looks good whatever color they are.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carrie @ May 9 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]438763[/snapback]</div>
    It's a place where people who own red rocks congregate. :p

6. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

Hi all,

After almost 2 months of waiting, I got my Prius last Tuesday (June 26th). It was directly shipped from Japan. That was a long wait but was definately a worth waiting. I just love my car very much. I am learning about my car every day. I usually drive a little over 4 miles a day but since I got this car I have already driven a little over 130 miles in a week. I have been getting the avarage of 41 to 43 mpg from the beginning. I guess it's not the bad number considering that I drive in the city mostly and rarely on the highway. (I thought I could get the better number driving in the city but by reading this site, I am not sure. )

Anyway, here is another happy Prius owner!! ;)

-Carrie