1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just ordered Shark Fin Antenna - Will it really take 4 weeks?!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by andreax716, May 5, 2008.

1. andreax716

andreax716 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just put in my order last night at PriusChatShop and bummed at the prospect of having to wait 4 weeks... :eek:hwell: Is this really the wait time, or did anyone get theirs faster?

2. ravenmaniac

ravenmaniac Senior Executive VP of Nothing

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Got mine in 3 weeks about 4 weeks ago. Good Luck!:p

3. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    be patient, it seems that is a normal process.. but worth the wait :)

hang-on.. make sure, dont let the copper touch the black pole antenna. otherwise you will get a bad signal

4. Wa1hog

Wa1hog Old Blind Hippie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Any idea on the performance of this antenna? Thinking of doing this but I dont want to sacrifice performance.

Also does anyone know where the satellite antenna is placed. Is it inside the standard antenna?

5. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    @WA1hog - do you mean GPS antenna? your GPS antenna is located right in front of the driver side in the corner of your winshield.

6. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you mean a satellite radio, it's typically mounted right behind the standard antenna. However, sometime it's installed on or in the dash, and one PriusChatter put it in the spoiler. The main thing is that it needs a clear view of the sky.

7. Wa1hog

Wa1hog Old Blind Hippie

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No I have both XM (My FI) and Sirius (Sportster). One antenna works for both units. I listen to XM during the summer for MLB and Siruis during the NFL season. Right now I have the mag antenna stuck out the rear door. I was wondering where the factory installed antta is located.