1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just picked up my '08 Metallic Grey yesterday!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tarapup, Mar 20, 2008.

1. tarapup

tarapup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    all. I've been lurking for the past few weeks, ever since my beloved Lexus SUV began burning oil :( at 111K miles and I decided it was time to get a new car.

I always loved my Lexus, and had kind of figured I'd get another when it was time to get a new car. The 22K price difference (when all was said and done including tax, trade-in offers, etc.), and the fuel economy and "green" factors, however, made the decision for me. I will miss the hauling capacity of the Lexus, but figure that the hatchback will give me enough hauling room for most of my hobbies. I shopped the Camry hybrid and the Prius. Ultimately, the storage space in the Prius, along with the better mpg, shifted me to the Prius. Since I made the decision, I've been avidly reading all of the great and helpful posts in this forum.

I picked my Prius up yesterday. So far, I've been obsessed with watching my mpg estimates as I drive, reading, and learning how to use all of the new toys in the car. I have yet to even try the navigation system - I'm sure that will be a huge challenge for me. I did manage to program the homelink system finally - I wasn't able to do it via the instructions in the owner's manual, but had success after reading this link in this chat group: http://priuschat.com/forums/care-ma...ing/18560-programming-garage-door-opener.html I am still working on the handsfree phone stuff - haven't managed to import my phone book to the car from the phone, although I've tried a few times. I might just give up! :confused:

I had the tires inflated to 42/40, had the 3M film installed on the hood, had aftermarket seat heaters installed (our MN winters are cold, and those leather seats would be miserable if I didn't). I ordered the bumper protection film and plan to try to install it myself. I am still reading about whether to install after-market door guards. My Toyota dealer said that there were "paint adhesion" issues, with door guards, and it was being "worked on". I don't think I really know what that means, and I didn't ask. I also haven't decided on mudguards. I did, however, order a really cute window decal for the car. First things first! :)

This chat site has been so helpful to me as I embark on this new hybrid adventure. Thanks to all who have offered sage wisdom...it's most appreciated.

Thanks, all! Mary

2. Anniee

Anniee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Mary,

Congratulations! We recently got a Metallic Grey too, pkg 5. May I ask what the hood film is?

Anniee

3. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  4. jkfry

jkfry New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrads on the New Prius great color :D Got mine in Dec and we are about to take our first family adventurer with it.

Enjoy!!:clap2:
    Janice

5. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Very nice! Greeeaaatt Color! Congrats!

6. Hemi4Prius

Hemi4Prius Geek Girl

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations! I have a Package #6 Grey, too! I absolutely LOVE this car! Can I ask how much the seat heaters were? I'm thinking of getting them put in my car. I had them in my Charger and I really miss them! It's not a necessity as we live at the beach in California, but they felt really good on my back!

7. tarapup

tarapup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I paid $480 for the seat heaters. Another dealer wanted $660. I also called around to a couple of "aftermarket" places/non-dealers, and they wanted around $500 for them. I did see other posts, though (I think...) that had heaters installed for less.

Mine work great. We are in the throes of a snow storm as I write - 5-7" expected. Happy Spring! :grouphug: The good news is that the Prius did fine on my morning commute in the storm. :D We passed about 10 cars that had gone off the road.

I'm confused about how to interpret my "consumption" screen - what all the bars and cars in the bars mean...I'll be researching that, next!

Mary

8. tarapup

tarapup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  9. tarapup

tarapup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here she is after 3 fresh coats of Zaino!

[​IMG]

I love my car! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]