1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just picked up my 2006 Seaside Pearl

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by spinjunkie53, Jan 24, 2006.

1. spinjunkie53

spinjunkie53 New Member

Just picked up my new Prius yesterday, drove it about 50 miles (mostly highway) and averaged 48 MPG. As I got on the highway, another Prius followed by a Honda Civic hybrid passed me in the left lane.. good sign,.. the hybrids are coming!!! Still sifting through the manual and finding all sorts of compartments to store stuff, but very please with my choice. I need to ride as a passenger for a while to play with all the screen functions.

The folks on this forum have been immensely helpful and made me a more educated buyer with their hints and tips. Many thanks to all!

And I did get my valet cards (salesman didnt know what I was talking about) as they were in the center console.

One thing I was not too thrilled about was having to take the wheel locks and cargo net and rear bumper applique. I cant believe how much they charge for those things, especially the cargo net! Other dealers that did not have those items on the sticker were charging $250-$350 adminstrative fees (my dealer did not have that) so, in the end, it was a wash, but at least I got something tangible for my money.

2. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

:) Congrats on your car!

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    CONGRATS !!! Go for a long drive...put in some of your favorite music...and enjoy driving again.

4. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats! I've had mine for just over 24 hours - I can assure you that the feeling will last at least that long ;) !

Dave

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!!! :D

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Don't let the sleazy dealer experience taint your joy. At least the locks and cargo net are <choke> reasonable purchases.

Almost EVERYONE (including ME) at least had has to pay for the overpriced floormats.

Every new owner gets wrapped up in the initial mileage readings. They are virtually meaningless until you learn to drive Prius-style and get a couple thousand miles under you and the car.

Don't believe me? See for yourself...
    http://www.w8kc.com/priusmileage.htm

:)

7. spinjunkie53

spinjunkie53 New Member

Thanks to all for the good wishes! And, I did have to buy the carmats as well. Regarding the mileage readings, when I turned on cruise control to 55MPH, it really seemed to make a big difference as opposed to driving w/o cruise at 70MPH. 55mph is the way to go (legally and fuel efficiently) however, I become somewhat of a road hazard since everyone (including those in the right lane behind me) were passing me like I was standing still!