1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just Picked Up My New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by entropychicken, Nov 13, 2006.

1. entropychicken

entropychicken New Member

Just brought home my new Black Touring Ed. Prius!
    Only had 2 miles on her.

She's goregous & I can't wait to learn all the gizmos & technology.

I declined the maintence (though they threw in 2 yr/ 25k free) & ext. warranty.

Now I've gotta start moddin' her. I've got a sharkfin and shade for the MFD, next up are all weather floor mats, mud flaps and a cover.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    B) ME TOO..!!!

Saturday, Nov 11th, picked up my '07 Touring Driftwood, Pkg.6 Option A - all the "bells and whistles!" 4 miles on the clock before I test drove and inspected it. I particularly like the leather interior and backup camera. The suspension seems better, too. The "Homelink" rearview mirror is great, BUT I haven't been able to program it to open our "rotating code" garage door opener - will keep trying 'til I get it done.

I managed a very good trade on my 2004 - originally paid $24.500 and got $20,500 in trade plus >$500 discount off MSRP - unheard of in North Texas just a few months ago. Many dealers then were still adding 'market adjustment' of $1,000 to $1,500 to MSRP. Now many dealers have 6 to 10 Prius actually in stock, so inevitably some 'dealing' must begin.

So... enjoy your "Touring Edition Prius..." Online I determined that the Bridgestone Turanza P195/55R16 86V tires have a 3-year "platinum" warranty followed by a 70,000 mile tread-wear warranty, and are rated up to 149 MPH (HOW could you get a Prius to 149 MPH?).

3. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations guys. I've had mine for two months, and am learning something new every day. The Nav system is especially complicated for me. (I'm an old f*rt, and have never used one before.) This is about my 30th car since I started driving in 1951, and is by far the best! :)