1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Just picked up my prius yesterday!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jcr2w, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jcr2w

jcr2w New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all!

I just picked up my 2008 Prius yesterday. :rockon: Im absolutely loving the car. Since i picked it up from the dealer, I have driven ~55miles and had ~51mpg. The one thing that troubles me is that, as soon as i got it home i noticed that the rear driver side door would not lock. neither by key or manually locking from the inside. :mad: I called the dealership yesterday and they said I could bring it by today and they would take a look at it. I understand that three or four other people from this forum have had a similar issue with the same door. I really hope it is something that the dealer can fix on the spot and that I don't have to send my car in to Toyota.

I also hope no one opens up my car while im at work today :p

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase. Enjoy driving and learning about your new car.

It sounds like the door solenoid needs to be replaced. I just had this happen on my wife's Honda Accord and the dealer replaced the electric solenoid and that took care of the problem.

3. jcr2w

jcr2w New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I talked to my dealer yesterday. They are going to pay to have my door lock fixed. :D I'm driving down to see their mechanic today. Hopefully I don't have to wait for a part/leave my car there overnight or anything.

4. jcr2w

jcr2w New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So i took it to the mechanic and aparently they think it is still under warranty with toyota. I don't see how this could be possible seeing how the vehicle is a 2008 with 41,3xx miles on it. So they are trying to get in touch with our local Toyota dealer to see if my car is under warranty. Its just really annoying because i am pretty sure it is no longer under warranty. So this just means i am going to have to drive around for at least another week with a door that wont lock. :/

5. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Congrats and welcome to Pchat!!!

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats! What was your previous car?

7. jcr2w

jcr2w New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

a 93 Chevy S-10 Blazer ... such an improvement :)

8. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HI jcr2w, As a newbie myself welcome. I've learned a whole heck of alot from reading the posts here. We are the proud owners of a 04 Black Prius with 07 option package. Ryan